Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Sports

Topic: 2015 Week 17 - Final Results

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
lurchador avatar
Subject: 2015 Week 17 - Final Results
Date Posted: 12/30/2015 5:15 PM ET

I first want to say it has been an honor to participate with you all again.  Unfortunately, I will not be renewing my membership with Paperbackswap.  So, this will be the last week.  I am not going to continue into the playoffs since I will be depressed because the Bills will not be in it for the 16th year in a row.  However, if they beat the Jets our season will be validated.  I wish you all the best.  It has been enjoyable the last few years.

Sun

NYJ @ BUF - BUF

NE @ MIA - MIA

BAL @ CIN - CIN

PIT @ CLE - PIT

JAX @ HOU - HOU

TEN @ IND - IND

WAS @ DAL - WAS

PHI @ NYG - PHI

DET @ CHI - DET

NO @ ATL - NO

OAK @ KC - KC

TB @ CAR - CAR

SD @ DEN - DEN

SEA @ ARI - SEA

STL @ SF - SF

MIN @ GB - MIN

Weekly

Alex 10 - 6

Cynthia 10 - 6

Betty 9 - 7

Joy 9 - 7

Overal

Betty 159 - 98

Cynthia 154 - 103

Joy 153 - 104

Alex 153 - 104

Last Edited on: 1/6/16 12:28 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
justcyn avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 12/30/2015 9:19 PM ET

Awwww Alex thanks for stepping up this year & posting the picks! It's been fun. I wish u the best & I'll catch u on Facebook. Take care!

Sun

NYJ @ BUF = BUF

NE @ MIA = NE

BAL @ CIN = CIN

PIT @ CLE = PIT

JAX @ HOU =HOU

TEN @ IND = IND

WAS @ DAL = WAS

PHI @ NYG = NYG

DET @ CHI = wait for it ....Go Bears!

NO @ ATL = ATL

OAK @ KC = KC

TB @ CAR = CAR

SD @ DEN = DEN

SEA @ ARI = ARI

STL @ SF = STL

MIN @ GB = MIN

Last Edited on: 1/2/16 12:43 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 12/31/2015 11:54 AM ET

Sun

NYJ @ BUF - BUF (come on Bills, beat those Jets!)

NE @ MIA - NE

BAL @ CIN  -  CIN

PIT @ CLE - PIT

JAX @ HOU - HOU

TEN @ IND - IND

WAS @ DAL - WAS

PHI @ NYG - NYG

DET @ CHI - CHI

NO @ ATL - ATL

OAK @ KC - KC

TB @ CAR - CAR (unless they sit Cam Newton)

SD @ DEN - DEN

SEA @ ARI - ARI (unless they sit Palmer)

STL @ SF - STL

MIN @ GB - GB

Alex, very sorry to see you leave us!  Thanks so much for doing this year's game - you are awesome!

lurchador avatar
Date Posted: 12/31/2015 12:25 PM ET

Sun

NYJ @ BUF - BUF

NE @ MIA - NE

BAL @ CIN - CIN

PIT @ CLE - PIT

JAX @ HOU - HOU

TEN @ IND - IND

WAS @ DAL - WAS

PHI @ NYG - NYG

DET @ CHI - CHI

NO @ ATL - NO

OAK @ KC - KC

TB @ CAR - CAR

SD @ DEN - DEN

SEA @ ARI - ARI

STL @ SF - STL

MIN @ GB - GB

Bettyjean avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 1/3/2016 10:47 AM ET

Alex!  So sorry to see you go.  These past few years have been a lot of fun and I appreciate you stepping in to do this past season.  Really going to miss you. Good luck to you and thank you again!  

Sun

NYJ @ BUF - BUF - Rooting for your BUF

NE @ MIA - NE

BAL @ CIN - CIN

PIT @ CLE - PIT

JAX @ HOU - HOU

TEN @ IND - IND

WAS @ DAL - WAS

PHI @ NYG - NYG - Because it's absolutely worthless, I expect a win, especially since this is probably coach's last game.  

DET @ CHI - CHI

NO @ ATL - ATL

OAK @ KC -KC

TB @ CAR - CAR

SD @ DEN - DEN

SEA @ ARI - ARI

STL @ SF - STL

MIN @ GB - GB

Ignore this mem

Last Edited on: 1/3/16 11:02 AM ET - Total times edited: 4
vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 1/4/2016 10:22 AM ET

Way to go, Alex and the Bills!!  You all can go into the off-season with head held high for knocking the Jets out of the play-offs!  Rex Ryan must be on cloud nine with this revenge win.  :)

Alex appears to be the only one with something to cheer about today.  The rest of us lost really close games.  :(   What a miserable game the Patriots played.  Or didn't play............   

I will continue with the playoff picks if you all want.   Oh Alex, we will miss you!

justcyn avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 1/4/2016 9:52 PM ET

Alex good game yesterday! My son and I were able to watch most of it even thou it was on the same time as da bears! 

Yes Joy not much to b happy about when watching my team choke! So sad they had a terrible year:( please do post the playoff picks if u don't mind:)

Bettyjean what r ur thoughts on coach coughlin retiring?

Bettyjean avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 1/5/2016 4:09 PM ET

Alex, your Bills did it!  I was rooting for you, but darn if I didn't feel a little bad for Fitzpatrick & Mangold.  I swear it looked like Mangold was crying.  Well, ladies, we were skunked again.  At least my Giants will get better draft picks than the Eagles. 

Cynthia - I am probably in the minority compared to other Giant fans, but I wanted Coughlin to stick around at least another year.  i felt really, really bad that he  was forced to step down.   It's gonna be weird seeing someone else in his place.  But then, I feel bad whenever long time coaches grt fired.  I felt bad for your Lovey Smith too.

lurchador avatar
Date Posted: 1/6/2016 12:30 PM ET

Congrats Betty on being the 2015 Champ.  Cynthia gets Honorable mention.  You finished very strong towards the end.  Thanks everyone for the kind words.  It has been a pleasure.  May we all be 16 - 0 in life.  Take care.  Rooting for the Seahawks because my favorite player Fred Jackson now plays for them.

justcyn avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 1/6/2016 6:06 PM ET

Yes congrats to Bettyjean! And I appreciate ur thoughts on coach coughlin & smith. But think we all were within a few games apart. Thx for the honorable mention Alex! But guess that's what I get for always picking da bears:) lol

vintagejoy avatar
Date Posted: 1/7/2016 10:48 AM ET

Congratulations, Betty!   And congratulations Cynthia!  Wow, we were all pretty close this year. 

On to the playoffs!

Bettyjean avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 1/7/2016 8:30 PM ET

Thanks everyone!  Congratulations to you too Cyn... You DID get hot in the end, and I actually thought you'd pass me.  Honestly, this season was one of the hardest to figure out in years. Again, sad to see you go Alex, especially as our group has been together for years, waaayyyyy back when the Giants & Pats were in the SB.  I truly wish you the best.  

Thanks so much Joy for offering to do the playoffs.

My goodness Cyn, poor Lovie got fired again!  

justcyn avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 1/9/2016 6:50 PM ET

Thx Joy & Bettyjean! I tend to pick who I want to win instead of who will probably win. The chiefs game is going my way so far. Imagine that?! Lol

I don't know what to say about Lovie.