- "THE WRONG HOSTAGE" by Elizabeth Lowell (St. Kilda Consulting #1) unabridged audio CD (A+++++) (unabridged audio CD) Orphaned at thirteen, Grace Silva clawed her way out of poverty and violence to become one of the most respected judges on the federal bench. Grace believes in the rule of law - lives it, breathes it.She has always been buttoned up and buttoned down. Except for once. Joe Faroe has learned that laws are made by politicians, and politicians are all too human. He believes in the innocents, the ones getting ground up by governments that are too corrupt to protect their own citizens He's been through the political meat grinder himself. It cost him his career, his freedom and the woman who still haunts him. Since then Faroe has worked outside the rules as a kidnap specialist for St. Kilda Consulting, a Manhattan-based global business that concentrates on the shadow world. He is good at his work - intelligent, confident, ruthless. Until a friend dies trying to kill him. Now Faroe is out of the business. Then Grace comes to him and Faroe finds himself sucked back into the shadows, tracking a violent killer who holds the life of Grace's son in his bloody hands.
- "HEART OF DANGER" by Lisa Marie Rice (Ghost Ops #1) (A+++++) Ghost Ops. A small unit of super-elite soldiers so secret only two men know of their existence. Betrayed by their commanding officer while on an antiterrorist mission, the team is massacred. Only three survive - and find themselves framed and disgraced. But en route to the court martial, they escape...and disappear. Beautiful, brilliant and determined, Dr. Catherine Young is on a mission to find a man who has vanished into thin air. Walking into a high-tech hideaway bearing an essential message to Tom "Mac" McEnroe, Team Leader of the betrayed Ghost Ops force, is the most dangerous thing she has ever done. The soldier she encounters is frightening and suspicious, but her senses reveal the man underneath: tough, honorable and so breathtakingly masculine Catherine feels weak in his presence. But to surrender to Mac's passionate desires would put her life in dire jeopardy. Catherine has a gift that enables her to see into the heart of others - and looking into Mac's is like staring into the very heart of danger itself.
- "NIGHTFIRE" by Lisa Marie Rice (Protectors #3) (A+++++) Chloe Mason's childhood memories consist of seemingly endless hospital stays. Now all grow up and healthy, her determination to fill the gaping holes in her past leads her to her long-lost brother, Harry...which brings Harry's friend and business partner, Mike Keillor, crashing into her life and her heart. Former Marine Force Recon sniper and SWAT officer - a martial arts expert and owner of a successful security company - Mike can deal coolly and efficiently with any threat...until he's blindsided by something he never expected: fierce, fiery passion...and love. But when Chloe inadvertently crosses the Russian mob, Mike realizes that evil is darkening his world once again. He has already lost his family; he will not lose the woman who enflames him, who makes him whole. Failure is not an option.
- "FROM THIRTY DAYS TO FOREVER" by Shayla Kersten (New Author For Me) (A+++++) Biton Savakis, a 42-year-old wealthy lawyer in New York City, is lost without his beloved slave of ten years. Since Erik's death from cancer three months before, the will to continue his life as a Dom slipped away. Until now. The forlorn looking redhead seems as lost as Biton feels. Maybe the young man can help ease his tension, even if only for a little while. Cavan never chose the life of a slave, but he doesn't clearly remember a time when he wasn't one. Beaten close to death and thrown aside by his former Master, Cavan doesn't know how to do anything else. When Biton offers him a temporary contract Cavan doesn't understand the meaning of his new Master's words. All he knows is he has a new home and someone to serve. But what will happen to him when the contract ends...in thirty days. In Biton Savakis' opinion, following the advice of Cavan's therapist isn't working. Refraining from dominant play with an abused submissive trying to heal is one thing. Biton is willing to forgo that part of his life. However, not talking to Cavan about making their arrangement permanent doesn't make sense. Three months after his new master promises him forever, Cavan is afraid it won't happen. Although the thirty day contract is long over, Biton hasn't offered a new one. Nightmares about testifying against his former master doesn't make life easier. Just as Cavan begins to understand what he means to Biton, Cavan's past reaches out to steal his happiness and maybe his life.
- "EXIT WOUNDS" by J.A. Jance (Joanna Brady #11) (A+++++) When the temperature rises, the beast comes out...The intense desert heat has brought a nightmare to a small corner of the Southwest. A body lies lifeless in an airless trailer, surrounded by seventeen others. It is a crime unspeakable in conception and execution - a horror strangely connected to a grisly slaughter in a neighboring state, where the corpses of two women are found gruesomely posed on a rancher's land. A day that started out hot has already turned blistering for Joanna Brady, the sheriff of Cochise County, Arizona, for terror has moved into her small town to stay. And the nightmare will not end until she uncovers the roots of a monstrous obsession buried somewhere in the most frightening dark shadows of the past.
- "THE KNITTING DIARIES" "THE TWENTY-FIRST WISH" by Debbie Macomber (Blossom Street #11) (A+++++) Anne Marie Roche and her adopted daughter, ten-year-old Ellen, have each written a list of twenty wishes - on which they included learning to knit. Like many of their wishes, it's come true and now they knit practically every day. But Ellen has quietly added a twenty-first wish: that her mom will fall in love with Tim, Ellen's birth father, who recently entered their lives. "COMING UNRAVELED" by Susan Mallery (A++++) When Robyn Mulligan's dreams of becoming a Broadway star give way to an intense longing for her childhood home, she decides it's time to make a fresh start back in Texas, running her grandmother's knitting store. But the handsome, hot-tempered T.J. Passman isn't making it easy on her. If he can learn to trust Robyn and overcome his tragic past, they just might discover a passion like no other. "HOME TO SUMMER" by Christina Skye (A+++++) After a devastating car accident, Caro McNeal finds healing on Oregon's sleepy Summer Island, where she's warmly embraced by a community of knitters. She also finds meaning and purpose in the letters she exchanges with a marine serving in Afghanistan. But when life takes another unexpected turn, will Caro untangle her fears and pick up the threads of hope, opening her heart to wherever it takes her?
- "BRIDE OF THE HIGH COUNTRY" by Kaki Warner (Run Away Brides #3) (A+++++) Margaret Hamilton escaped the Irish slums of Five Points as the ward of a wealthy Manhattan widow, but only marriage can make her future secure. Railroad mogul Doyal Kerrigan needs a well-connected wife. It seems a perfect match...until a shocking revelation sends her fleeing the wedding reception. Desperate to make a fresh start, Margaret takes a new identity and heads west, finally stopping in Heartbreak Creek, Colorado, a dying mining town of little interest to anyone. Here, she finds new purpose, beloved friends to replace the family she's lost and a home at last. But two men from Margaret's past are on her trail. One is seeking vengeance - the other, truth. When they both arrive in Heartbreak Creek, she must choose between the town she has come to love and the man who might finally capture her heart.
- "CAPTIVATED BY YOU" by Sylvia Day (Crossfire #4) (A+++++) Gideon calls me his angel, but he's the miracle in my life. My gorgeous, wounded warrior, so determined to slay my demons while refusing to face his own. The vows we'd exchanged should have bound us tighter than blood and flesh. Instead they opened old wounds, exposed pain and insecurities and lured bitter enemies out of the shadows. I felt him slipping from my grasp, my greatest fears becoming my reality, my love tested in ways I wasn't sure I was strong enough to bear. At the brightest time in our lives, the darkness of his past encroached and threatened everything we'd worked so hard for. We faced a terrible choice: the familiar safety of the lives we'd had before each other, or the fight for a future that suddenly seemed an impossible and hopeless dream.
- "HOW TO KNIT A LOVE SONG" by Rachael Herron (Cypress Hollow Yarn #1) (A++++++) Abigail is more than ready for a change when she inherits a cottage from her beloved mentor, knitting guru Eliza Carpenter. Leaving the oppressive city for the greener pastures of a small California beach town, she intends to turn her cozy little windfall into a knitting shop and spend her days spinning, designing and purling. But she's not going to be welcomed with open arms by her neighbor, Eliza's disgruntled nephew, the gorgeous Cade, now owns everything surrounding Abigail's ramshackle new house and he views his sexy city girl as an unwanted interloper. But chemistry working overtime is drawing two very different people close than they ever thought possible. And when the past that Abigail thought she'd left behind comes calling, she'll have to somehow learn to trust her handsome adversary with much more than just her heart.
- "IN HIS KEEPING" by Maya Banks (Slow Burn #2) (A++++) Arial knows the rules that keep her safe. She's been following them since she was a little girl: Do not tell. Do not show. But in a moment of terror, facing an attacker intent on taking more than just her life, Ari has no choice but to unleash the psychic power she's been hiding since childhood. Now, with her abilities revealed, a bigger threat looms - something that makes her question everything she thought she knew about her parents and her secretive upbringing. But this isn't a fight she can face on her own. As the head of Devereaux Security, Beau Devereaux is no stranger to the strange. But when he takes on a new client - a beautiful young woman with an extraordinary gift - Beau isn't prepared for the extent of his attraction to her. What began as a simple assignment, just another job, quickly turns personal as Beau discovers he'll do anything at all to protect Ari. No matter what it costs him personally. Even his heart and soul.
- "A SEASIDE CHRISTMAS" by Sherryl Woods (Chesapeake Shores #10) (A+++++) As the only child of a single mom, Jenny Collins wanted nothing more than to be part of a large, rambunctious family like the O'Briens. Ironically, though, when her mother married into the family, Jenny found herself feeling more like an outsider than ever. ZNow, after years in Nashville as an established songwriter, Jenny's drawn back to Chesapeake Shores to collaborate on a Christmas production...and to make peace with the past. As if that's not challenging enough, Caleb Green, the singer who broke her heart, has followed her to town, determined to win her back. With the help of a little O'Brien holiday magic, will Jenny and Caleb find a way to make sweet music forever? "SANTA, BABY" by Sherryl Woods (A++++) When Amy Riley's son disappears in the mall, Santa - who is actually police officer Nick DiCaprio - comes to the rescue. Whoever said the Big Red Guy wasn't sexy?
- "MOON SHELL BEACH" by Nancy Thayer (A+++++) Lexi Laney and Clare Hart grow up together having wondrous adventures across picturesque Nantucket. And when it was time to share intimate secrets and let their imaginations run free, they escaped to their private hideaway: Moon Shell Beach. But nothing stays the same. With the complicated pressures of adulthood, their intense bond is frayed, hurtful words are exchanged and Lexi flees Nantucket to a life of luxury while Clare stays behind. Ten years later, a newly divorced Lexi returns to make amends with those she left in her wake particularly Clare, who still simmers with resentment toward her friend. Their emotional reunion is beset with major challenges, as Lexi's return sets off a series of startling events. And as Clare's life takes an abrupt detour. Lexi wonders if the happiness and peace they once knew on Moon Shell Beach will, in the end, prove to be as fleeting as time and the tide.
- "WALKING ON WATER" by Richard Paul Evans (The Walk #5) (A+++++++) After the death of his beloved wife, after the loss of his advertising business to his once-trusted partner, after bankruptcy forced him from his home, Alan Christoffersen's daring cross-country journey - a walk across America from Seattle to Key West, with only a pack on his back has taught him lessons about love, sacrifice and forgiveness. Now Alan faces yet another seemingly unbearable crisis, one that threatens to upend his entire world again just as he had begun to heal from so much loss and he is unsure whether he can continue toward his goal. It will take the care and support of a new friend - and the unexpected reappearance of an old one - for Alan to find the determination he needs to continue to Key West, where he hopes to end his journey and begin a new life.
- "BLUE MOON BAY" by Lisa Wingate (Moses Lake, Texas #2) (A+++++) Every once in a blue moon your heart waits at a crossroads. For Seattle architect Heather Hampton, a trip back to tiny Moses Lake, Texas, is hardly a plan. Yet because a promotion hinges on the sale of the family farmland, Heather heads to the last place she ever wanted to go. She's determined to return home, signed contract in hand, the next day. But the currents of Moses Lake take visitors on unexpected journeys. As Heather's stay lengthens, she discovers a family steeped in secrets and an unexpected connection to local banker Blaine Underhill, despite his opposition to Heather's project. With each new revelation and question, Heather can't help but wonder if the handsome banker - and the family she has come to know again - are crooks or crusaders. Somehow she must find out the truth before she loses everything she has worked for and everything she's found on the shores of Moses Lake.
- "THE STRANGER I MARRIED" by Sylvia Day (A++++) They were together for all the wrong reasons. Gray was beautiful four years ago, when he asked Isabel to marry him. Now there are no words to describe him. He is no longer young and reckless, not by any stretch of the imagination, but a tormented man, driven by secrets, silent about what he's done since he disappeared. She knew how to handle the boy he was, but this man...this man is not tamable. Does she dare explore the places inside herself that Gray demand to possess? Does she trust him enough to bare herself completely to a lover who has returned as a stranger?
- "NEVER TOO LATE" by Robyn Carr (A+++++) Three seconds is all it takes to turn a whole life around, and if anybody knows about bouncing back after disaster, it's Clare Wilson. She's had it with being married to a serial cheater and no way is he getting another chance. Even her own son thinks she should have kicked his dad to the curb ages ago. now he's done it for good and Clare is finally feeling the rush of unadulterated freedom. But when a freak car crash lands Clare in the hospital, her life takes another detour. She might be banged up and bruised, but suddenly men are coming out of the woodwork. Even her ex is pining for her. It seems being an independent single woman is a powerful aphrodisiac. But amidst all the lust, the last thing Clare expects to find is love.
- "ALL FOR YOU" "HALFWAY THERE" by Robyn Carr (Fool's Gold #9.75) (A++++) Falling in love isn't on Fayrene Hopkins's schedule for at least four years, but from her very first kiss with charming Patterson, she's already halfway there. Some plans are made to be broken. "BUCKHORN EVER AFTER" by Lori Foster (Buckhorn Brothers #6) (A+++++) The last thing Nadine Moest wants is to be the latest notch on gorgeous ranger Shohn Hudson's bedpost. But Shohn is determined to win her trust - and her heart. "THE ONE YOU WANT" by Gena Showalter (The Original Heartbreakers #0.5) (A++++++) Kenna Starr will do anything to overcome her bad-girl past. Dane Michaelson is exactly the kind of guy she needs to avoid, but he's used to getting what he wants and he wants her. "ONE PERFECT NIGHT" by Bella Andre (Sullivan's #8.5) (A++++) Noah Bryant and Colbie Michaels are meant to be - at least, that's what he thinks when they keep serendipitously meeting. Now he just has to convince her they're destined for each other.
- "TREASURE ON LILAC LANE" by Donna Alward (Jewel Cove #2) (A++++++) Sometimes the journey home is its own reward. Once upon a time, Rick Sullivan had a promising future. One of Jewell Cove's star athletes and reigning heartthrobs, he joined the Marines and had the world in the palm of his hand...until it all came crashing down. His honorable discharge doesn't make him the hometown hero everyone wants him to be and there's little reprieve from the demons that haunt him at night. Still, even though it seems that all hope is gone, fate has something else in store. Just hearing Rick's name is enough to give Jess Collins a headache Years ago, they'd been close. Now she barely knows the man Rick has become since his return from service...then again, Jess isn't that same young, naive girl anymore either. And while there's a powerful attraction between them - one that yields a greater passion than Jess could have ever imagined - both are wary about opening their hearts to love...and loss. But happy endings don't come easily when long-buried secrets insist on rising to the surface. Will their pasts tear them apart - or can love find a way to heal them both?
- "THEIR ONE AND ONLY" by Trista Ann Michaels (A++++) Bruised and battered, supermodel Kaycee Alcott barely escapes the clutches of a serial killer, into the arms of a very different kind of trouble. Kaycee's attracted to the two FBI agents assigned to protect her from her kidnapper, both of them - and they're twins. Sam and Tyler Warren are criminal profilers for the F.B.I. They're also identical twins with a very unusual psychic connection, one that has left them with bleak hope for the future and of finding wives. When one falls in love, the other does as well - with the same woman. But it never lasts, because the women walk away, unable to commit to two men, let alone brothers. That is until they meet Kaycee and find a woman who might be able to love each of them equally. While hiding from the killer still after Kaycee, the three explore a passion none of them ever expected to find. But their new-found happiness will be shattered when the killer learns of her whereabouts and puts into motion a sick plan that might rob Sam and Tyler of their one and only.
- "SURRENDER" by Stephanie Tyler (Section 8 #1) (A+++++) Desperate, fearless and hunted. Nothing can stop them. Nothing can break them. For former Navy SEAL Dane O'Rourke, Section 8 was legendary. The son of one of its missing members, he grew up in the shadow of its secrets. All he knew was that it was a cabal of operatives discharged from branches of the military and reassigned to extremely dangerous, off-the-books international missions. And that their handler was as shrouded in mystery as the missions themselves. Now the handler of Section 8 has given orders to kill any remaining members, along with their families. Dare must save his long-lost half sister, Avery, whom he was never meant to meet. Determined to fight for their lives and find their missing father, Dare and Avery bring together for one last mission those who are in danger because of their relationship to Section 8 - to avenge their families and survive.
- "THE CHRISTMAS WEDDING QUILT" A family's gift - when they were young, cousins, Ella, Rachel and Jo were always together at their family's lake house. As they grew up, though, they grew apart...until now, as the three must band together to grant a beloved aunt's dying wish: to finish the quilt she began as a gift for her daughter's Christmas wedding. Together, Jo, Ella and Rachel create a Christmas heirloom that's both a wish and a promise - of happiness, hope and love everlasting. "LET IT SNOW" by Emilie Richards (A++++) Searching for vintage quilting fabric, independent Jo is reunited with the man she thought she'd marry - and proves that sometimes the second time's the charm. "YOU BETTER WATCH OUT" by Janice Kay Johnson (A+++++) Ella is desperate when the unfinished quilt goes missing in her care. But a cocky lawyer might just help her find it - and love. "NINE LADIES DANCING" by Sarah Mayberry (A+++++) Shy Rachel risks exposing her secret life when she falls for her quilting teacher's seemingly perfect son.
- "FOREVER AFTER" by Catherine Anderson (A+++++) The Protector - From the moment Heath Masters lays eyes on Meredith Kenyon, he knows there's something mysterious in this pretty woman's past. Treu, she seems like a good mother to her little daughter, but as local sheriff Heath has seen his share of liars...and Meredith is certainly hiding something. But though his romantic gestures are met with suspicion, Heath can't help but be drawn to his vulnerable new neighbor. He doesn't entirely trust her, but he sure does want to kiss her. The woman on the run - About to lose her child in a devastating child custody case, Meridith transformed herself from urban widow to small town mom, escaping the clutches of her abusive late husband's manipulative father. Fleeing across America, she ran straight into the arms of the lonely lawman. Heath's persistence melts her misgivings, making her wonder if she could overcome her traumatic former life. But could his love protect her from the past - now and forever?
- "ONE NIGHT RODEO" by Lorelei James (Blacktop Cowboys #4) (A+++++) Barrel racer Celia Lawson know better than to tangle with bull rider Kyle Gilchrist. The sexy cowboy's love 'em and leave 'em ways have earned him a reputation on the rodeo circuit and he's always seen her as his best friend's kid sister. But after one wild, tequila-fueled night, Celia wakes up to find out she's gotten herself hitched - to a man she never should have married! When Celia insists on an annulment, Kyle has no good reason to say no - except he isn't ready to let go of his new bride. But then Kyle inherits a sprawling Wyoming ranch and seizes the opportunity to enlist Celia's help. She agrees to lend a hand - with two conditions: He has to get up to speed as a rancher within six months; then they'll get a divorce. And their marriage will be in name only. Kyle gives in to Celia's demands, yet he's ready to prove to her that he has what it takes to turn their one night rodeo into a lifetime of love.
- "BUTTERFLY TATTOO" by Deidre Knight (New Author For Me) (A+++++) Just when the darkness seems permanent, fate flips a switch. Michael Warner has been drifting in a numb haze since his lover was killed by a drunk driver. As the anniversary of the wreck approaches, Michael's grief grows more suffocating, Yet he must find a way through the maze of pain and secret to live for their troubled young daughter who struggles with guilt that she survived the crash. Out of the darkness comes a voice, a lifeline he never expected to find - Rebecca O'Neill, a development executive in the studio where Michael works as an electrician. Rebecca, a former sitcom celebrity left scarred from a crazed fan's attack, has retreated from the limelight and from life in general, certain no man can ever get past her disfigurement. The instant sparks between her and Michael, who arrives to help her during a power outage, come as a complete surprise - and so does her uncanny bond with his daughter. For the first time, all three feel compelled to examine their inner and outer scars in the life of love. But trust is hard to come by, especially when you're not sure what to believe when you look in the mirror. The scars? Or the truth?
CURRENTLY READING -
- "Camouflaged" by Selena Laurence (New Author For Me) (Hiding from Love #0.5) (Kindle)
- "Vipers Run" by Stephanie Tyler (Skull's Creek #1)
- "The Blue-Ribbon Jalapeno Society Jubilee" by Carolyn Brown (Cadillac, Texas #1)
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
- "Written in My Heart's Own Blood" by Diana Gabaldon (Outlander #8) (unabridged audible)
Last Edited on: 5/30/15 11:17 PM ET - Total times edited: 35