|Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
It's the most wonderful time of the year, ladies and gentleme!! The time to get giddy about new books to pull down and put away for a new reading challenge. A new year means a clean slate. So what if you didn't finish 2015's challenge? Who cares if you added way more books to your TBR pile while only getting around to reading 3 of those books? This is 2016! You can do it!
There are three challenges to pick from.
This challenge begins on January 1, 2016 and ends December 31, 2016. There will be a separate thread for lists. Happy reading!
LITE - Read 6 books
GRANDE - Read 10 books
VENTI - Read 14 books
1) Get Your Giggle On - Read a book that made you laugh, for whatever reason.
2) Current Affairs - Read a book published in 2015/2016
3) Size Does Matter - Choose 4 books lengths to read:
a) 200 page range (200pgs-299pgs)
b) 300 page range (300pgs-399pgs)
c) 400 page range (400pgs-499pgs)
d) 500 page range (500pgs-599pgs)
e) 600 page range (600pgs-699pgs)
f) 700 page range (700pgs-799pgs)
g) 800 page range (800pgs-899pgs)
h) 900 page range (900pgs-999pgs)
i) 1000+ page range (YOU"RE AWESOME!)
4) California Dreaming - Read a books set somewhere you'd like to visit.
5) Check That Ego At The Door - Read a book written in 1st person narrative.
6) Learn Your ABC's - Read 5 books in alphabetical order. You can start on any letter, but the subsequent books must continue the alphabet.
7) "Picture it. Sicily, 1922..." - Read a book that spans a characters lifetime, or at least 20 years of their life.
8) PBS Gold - Read a book you acquired from PBS.
9) Double Duty - Read a book that contains a spy.
10) Three Shades of Grey - Read 3 books with the same book cover color (different shades acceptable)
11) Great Scot! - Read a book where a character wears a kilt. (does not need to be main character)
12) Action! - Read a book that was turned into a movie/tv series/tv miniseries.
Read 15 books on your Mount TBR. Books/ebooks must have been acquired before 2015. List your titles below.
Pick one of the following page total goals to read in 2016. List your books and their page numbers below.
BRONZE - 5000 pages total
SILVER - 7500 pages total
GOLD - 10,000 pages total
Wow are you ever organized Carolyn! I have to think about that since I am all over the place and can't even seem to finish my own challenge (one more to go).
This brings me to a point where I have to announce that I won't be doing the HM challenge this coming year so if someone else would like to take over, please be my guest. I will post it in the challenge as well.