Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Sports

Topic: 2018 Baseball season schedule is out.

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: 2018 Baseball season schedule is out.
Date Posted: 1/20/2018 2:21 AM ET

The Texas Rangers open the season with a 4 game home series with the Houston Astros. There are a little more than 2000 tickets available now at $87.00 each. for opening night. The next night some seats are available but they are only $20.00.

vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/3/2018 1:48 PM ET

Charles, I did see that schedule out.  the Red Sox open with four games at Tampa Bay. It's always a little dicey playing the first few weeks of games if they are home games.  Pretty cold, and who knows?  It might snow!   You have game tickets for $20.00?  I think our $20.00 tickets come with a pair of binoculars so you can see the game from the next building.  I can't wait for the season to begin!  At least this year we have the Olympics to watch before the regular season starts!

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/3/2018 4:15 PM ET

The anticipation for the Rangers is how the team will look. There will be several new faces this year as the team played hard last year but they were not very good. Personally I don't think the pitching coach is very good either.

vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/5/2018 12:49 PM ET

Did the Rangers pick up some good players?  Boston seems to have pretty much just sat on their hands this off-season.  I believe the thinking is that the good core they had last year will have one year good experience together, and that will improve this year.  And of course we have a new manager this year.  Loved Alex Cora as a player, hope he makes a great coach! 

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/5/2018 2:55 PM ET

As far as I know the Rangers have mostly been signing some ragamuffin pitchers that they can get cheaply. They are also signing some players to minor league contracts with invitations to spring training camp. These players will be trying to make the major league team. The Rangers signed a few big contract players a few years ago but that has not worked well for them so they have gone over to finding cheap players and hoping they will play well enough to win something. The prospects are not good.

vintagejoy avatar
Date Posted: 2/7/2018 2:48 PM ET

Oh, no.  Maybe they need Nolan Ryan to come back from Houston and give his attentions back to the Rangers.  Maybe a couple of those ragamuffin pitchers or the spring training invitees will turn out to be really good. 

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/8/2018 8:03 AM ET

A lot of people were sorry to see Nolan Ryan leave.