Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Paranormal

Topic: 2018 Paranormal Challenge Discussion

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
wyomingblonde avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/18/2018 8:22 PM ET

On to the next Jenna Black series - Nikki Glass. 

1. Dark Descendant [Nikki Glass] by Jenna Black - I think this has a LOT of potential to be very interesting.  I hope it goes on well!
leesie avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 5/22/2018 11:33 PM ET

I really liked those Nikki Glass books Amy, hope you do too!

wyomingblonde avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/25/2018 8:00 PM ET

This week I read the anthology 

1. Urban Enemies - This one has stories about the villans in many of the popular series.  Some where interesting, but, many I had no context for and I felt a little lost.

Last Edited on: 5/25/18 8:01 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
wyomingblonde avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/1/2018 8:50 PM ET

Continuing the Nikki Glass series - 

1. Deadly Descendant [Nikki Glass] by Jenna Black - I really am enjoying the premise of these books, I do feel like there could be so much more story here, but, it's entertaining.
wyomingblonde avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/8/2018 8:57 PM ET

This week's reads were:

1. Rogue Descendant [Nikki Glass] by Jenna Black - very much liked this book, the series is really getting interesting.  Glad there was actually another book because I need to see the romantic tensions finally break!
  2. Were- This anthology is a great mix of known and unknown authors for me - stories are all about were-anything but wolves!
ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/9/2018 5:58 AM ET

I just started a new to me Author  Bone Dance by Lee Roland. A bit different good so far.

leesie avatar
Date Posted: 6/9/2018 9:39 AM ET

Oooh, let us know about that one Alice, it’s on the radar :)

wyomingblonde avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/16/2018 1:09 AM ET

This week I finished the Nikki Glass series with the ebook only Divine Descendent.  I really liked the way things ended up.  It felt like closure, without eliminating the ability to do more with it in the future.

Last Edited on: 6/17/18 9:53 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/16/2018 7:23 AM ET

Bone Dance was very good I recommend it.

I finished Half Assed Wizard by GAry Jonas that was very good too.

rxrcds avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 6/16/2018 7:44 AM ET

Amy, Thanks so much for reading the Nikki Glass series as I didn't realize there was a book 4. Loved the 1st 3. Snagging Divine now for my Kindle.

sulock avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/16/2018 8:25 AM ET

Alice I liked the earlier Gary Jonas books will have to pick up where I left off.

Read since last post;Act of Mercy (PSI-Ops / Immortal Ops)  Author: Mandy M. Roth  Enjoyed gave four stars

When a Beta Roars (Lion's Pride, Bk 2)  Author: Eve Langlais  Enjoyed but a little thin on plot

Miss Frost Cracks A Caper (Jayne Frost) (Volume 4) Author: Kristen Painter Loved this series light and different kind of a palate cleanser

WOLF LOVER, Konochur (New Scotia Pack) (Volume 2)  Author: Victoria Danann   was OK but nothing to write home about.

Miss Frost Saves The Sandman: A Nocturne Falls Mystery (Jayne Frost) (Volume 3)  Author: Kristen Painter

Again love series and all the characters in Nocturne Falls

Wolf Trouble (SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team, Bk 2)  Author: Paige Tyler  Was OK just didn't love it

Becoming Dragon (Dragon Point) Author: Eve Langlais   OK but just too short and too loose with plot

Shadowed (Dark Protectors, Bk 6)  Author: Rebecca Zanetti Love these books hard to find. but worth it

Miss Frost Braves The Blizzard: A Nocturne Falls Mystery (Jayne Frost) (Volume 5)Author: Kristen Painter

The Reaper Rescues The Genie (Nocturne Falls) (Volume 9)  Author: Kristen Painter

Warlock Holmes: The Hell-Hound of the Baskervilles: Warlock Holmes 2  Author: G.S. Denning

OK but not as good as first 2 books in series.

Billionaire in Wolf's Clothing (Billionaire Wolf)  Author: Terry Spear  Really enjoyed this one not much meat but nice PNR

Her Perfect Mate (X-Ops, Bk 1)  Author: Paige Tyler  Enjoyed this book

wyomingblonde avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/17/2018 9:52 PM ET

Hey Melissa, glad I could help!!!

wyomingblonde avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/29/2018 9:34 PM ET

This week I read:

1. Glimmerglass [Faeriewalker] by Jenna Black - enjoying the new series, very YA, but, I enjoy the break from hot and steamy sometimes ;)
  2. Blood Red Kiss anthology with stories from Kresley Cole, Larissa Ione, and Gena Showalter.  I enjoyed the stories!
ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 6/30/2018 6:35 AM ET

I finished Gargolye Gets his Girl by Kristen Painter. Fun series. Nice light summer read.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 6/30/2018 9:01 PM ET

I just finished an unusual book Court of Twilight by Mareth Griffith.  Aliens livning on earth trying to be invisible. It was creative, writing was okay. I like it but thought it was a bit weird.

leesie avatar
Date Posted: 7/3/2018 9:16 PM ET

I really enjoyed those silly lazy girl books by Helen Harper. Talk about fun summer reading! I am sad it is only a trilogy. 

wyomingblonde avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/13/2018 9:34 PM ET

This week I finished the Faeriewalker series by Jenna Black.  I liked the premise of the books, the world seemed very interesting.  The trouble with YA is that the charactors aren't as wise in the ways of the world, and sometimes I find it hard to believe the number of poor choices they make....

1. Shadowspell [Faeriewalker] by Jenna Black
  2. Sirensong [Faeriewalker] by Jenna Black
leesie avatar
Date Posted: 7/14/2018 11:37 AM ET

I felt the same way about those amy!!

sulock avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 7/15/2018 2:32 PM ET

Just finished two off shoot books of Kristin Painters series of Nocturne Falls

One Besphinxed by Kontis -YA didn't finish really not into high school tribulations. It is set in the school that was introduced in the Painter books.

Another The Princess Protects her huntsman by Nyte was fun but the characters weren't as interesting as Painters were.  The story was OK and there were a few of the towns known characters that pulled it together.  Both available in the wish list multiples on page one.  if anyone is interested.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 7/20/2018 7:05 AM ET

Finished Fury Rising by Yasmine Galenorn. It was okay but I felt like she tried to through in too many paranormal creates and Gods. simpler would have been better.

I also finishe The Pirate King's Daughter by Tricia Levenseller. YA paranormal Quite good looking forward to her next book

leesie avatar
Date Posted: 7/20/2018 9:45 AM ET

Gslenorn is hit or.miss with me lately. Hmmm. I have pirate kings daughter, excited to hear it is good! 

I just read A Devil in the Details by KA stewart. I quite enjoyed. Male protag, married with child and is a champion for people who sold their soul to devils. Weird stuff is happening. Felt like real life but with demon fighting. Very cool.

wyomingblonde avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/20/2018 9:20 PM ET

This week's reads:

1. Anna and the Vampire Prince [Anna Strong] by Jeanne C. Stein - very small novella in this series, but, rather a good catch up on what is going on after the last book
  2. Tales From the Nightside - I absolutely love the Nightside series, and this set of tales does not disappoint!
ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 7/21/2018 6:46 AM ET

Melissa,

I definately think Yasmine Galenorn's Otherworld series is her best. although I am way behind in it.

Alice

leesie avatar
Date Posted: 7/21/2018 1:28 PM ET

I stopped the Otherworld series after the dragons got too rapey. I guess I just didn't care that much about the sexy sister. lol, I would probably pick it up again if I saw them at the used book store

Finished Ancient Magic by Linsey Hall, was cute and fun, different magical world.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 7/21/2018 2:03 PM ET

I don't think I got that far in the series Elisa

Page: