Friend's Email: Subject:I have found a book that I think you would enjoy
50 Facts that should change the world 2.0
50 Facts that should change the world 20 Author:Jessica Williams Here are fifty eye-opening facts. Fifty brief essays explaining them, with sources and references. Fifty stories the traditional media won't tell you. Stories that reveal what the world today is really like: — - There are 27 million slaves in the world today. — - Americans discard 2.5 million plastic bottles every hour-enough to reach the moon eve... more »ry three weeks.
- Ninety-four percent of the world's executions in 2005 took place in just four countries: China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the U.S.
- Black men born in the U.S. today stand a one in three chance of going to jail.
- A third of all Americans believe aliens have landed on Earth.
- Landmines kill or maim at least one person every hour.
- Every day some 800 million people go hungry-even though there's enough food to feed everyone in the world.
After you read these stories, you'll see things in a new light and think about issues you ignored before. You may even want to get involved. And that's how you can change the world.« less