There is, the info has to be reviewed by a Data Correction Volunteer--
here is a link from the Help Center with the information:
If a book listing has an inaccuracy in it, you can very easily submit the correct information to our Data Correction volunteers as follows:
- Scroll to the bottom of any page on the site
- Click the "Edit Book Data" link
- Enter the ISBN on the book
- Click Yes-> on the next screen to confirm this is the correct book
- On the next screen, fill out/correct the information there, leaving all correct information in place
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click .
- Your submissions will need to be reviewed and approved by our Data Correction approval volunteers; this may take a few days. The volunteers do these approvals as they can, and sometimes verifying ONE data correction is a labor-intensive process.
What the Edit Book Data feature CAN be used for:
To correct a typo in the title, or a missing or wrong author name
To correct an incorrect "recommended postage" that prints out on the PBS Wrapper for a book.
- Recommended postage is based on the information the database has for the weight of a book
- You can enter the correct weight for a book (it will be on your postal receipt if you have sent the book)
- This will correct the Recommended postage that prints out on the wrapper.
To correct genre classification:
- You can choose genre/subgenre on the Edit page
- These choices will replace the genre classifications on the listing for the book.
Last Edited on: 10/8/07 10:53 AM ET - Total times edited: 1