Angels Flight - Harry Bosch, Bk 6 Author:Michael Connelly An activist attorney is killed in a cute little L.A. trolley called Angels Flight, far from Harry Bosch's Hollywood turf. But the case is so explosive -- and the dead man's enemies inside the L.A.P.D. are so numerous -- that it falls to Harry to solve it. Now the streets are superheating. Harry's year-old Vegas marriage is unraveling... more ». And the hunt for a killer is leading Harry to another high-profile L.A. murder case, one where every cop had a motive. The question is, did any have the guts?« less
The Harry Bosch formula seems to be:
- Start with a simple murder
- Layer in Harry's struggling (and often unrelated) personal relationships
- Throw in serious conflict between Harry and his police department superiors
- Complicate the murder threefold
- Tie it all together and package it up with a clever climax
A really great read. This is the second if his ooks I have read and find it even more fascinating. Fine character development which is often missing in crime and detective novels. The action never stops.
Detective Bosch is dealing with race riots, and a wife who isn't sure she wants to be a wife , besides all the politicts of LAPD when a cop is suspected of a murder. This is a thrill ride and a good read.