Angels Flight - Harry Bosch, Bk 6 Author:Michael Connelly Detective Hieryonymus 'Harry' Bosch finds himself yet again in charge of a case that no one else will touch. This time his job is to nail the killer of hot shot black lawyer Howard Elias. Elias has been found murdered on the eve of going to court on behalf of Michael Harris: a man the LAPD believes guilty of the rape and murder of a 12 year old ... more »girl. Elias had let it be known that the aim of his civil case was not only to reveal the real killer but to target and bring down the racist cops who beat up his client during a violent interrogation. Bosch is going to have to take a long hard look at some of his colleagues in a post-Rodney King Los Angeles Police Department that is rife with suspicion and racial hatred.« less
The Harry Bosch formula seems to be:
- Start with a simple murder
- Layer in Harry's struggling (and often unrelated) personal relationships
- Throw in serious conflict between Harry and his police department superiors
- Complicate the murder threefold
- Tie it all together and package it up with a clever climax
A really great read. This is the second if his ooks I have read and find it even more fascinating. Fine character development which is often missing in crime and detective novels. The action never stops.