Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Health & Fitness Forum Health & Fitness Forum

Topic: Anyone done the 30 Shred Workout tape?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
javagerty avatar
Subject: Anyone done the 30 Shred Workout tape?
Date Posted: 6/11/2013 1:56 PM ET

Have you gotten results? Did you follow the diet or eat your own food?

I did the first workout today and I am going to try sticking with it for 30 days to see how it goes...I read good things online. 

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/19/2013 8:39 AM ET

How is this going for you?

I love this workout but I can never stick with it for the full 30 days.

I tend to get bored doing the same thing over and over.  I always mix it up with other workouts and running.

I also love the Extreme Shed & Shred by Jillian.   I am a huge kickboxing fan but do NOT like Jillian's kickboxing workout.

I have never followed one of her eating plans but have been doing a rough count of calories, in and out, on myfitnesspal.com.

I can't believe how well that has helped me.  I do NOT weight or measure food, just estimating but it is still working.

kingsdaughter1611 avatar
Date Posted: 9/30/2013 3:06 PM ET

I haven't done it before but heard some good stuff about it. I personally like the ones by Jillian Michaels, 20 Second Fitness(kind of one you do when you don't have a lot of time), and the Kettlebell workouts. Love my kettlebell! 

frerichs avatar
Date Posted: 9/30/2013 5:59 PM ET

I used to do the 30 Day Shred workout and loved it! Then my husband informed me that I was too loud doing jumping jacks, so I stopped. (He works overnights and sleeps during the day.) I've moved on to quieter exercise programs. wink

vampsteph avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 11/12/2013 7:17 AM ET

Becki - I started using my fitnesspal in May. Lost the 6 lbs I wanted!! It was amazing how little I knew about the calories I was eating and drinking. Highly reccommend it!!!

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 11/13/2013 8:28 AM ET

Stephanie - I always said I could never take the time to log everything I ate.  It took me a while to even try MFP.  Now that I have, I am so glad.

You are right, I am amazed at what I have learned.  The first thing that shocked me is how I wasn't eating enough calories on most days and going WAY over on others.  I really think before I put something in my mouth now.  My oldest daughter has been doing it too and she is at her goal.  She looks amazing!  

Keep up the good work!

vampsteph avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/30/2014 7:01 AM ET

I did the 30 day Shred with weights Tuesday. Wow my heart was pumping. 30 minute work out. I liked most of it and certainly felt it in the back of my legs yesterday. I am trying to incorporate different work outs into my routine. I will do this one again!,!