Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - USPS Postal Regulations USPS Postal Regulations

Topic: Anyone else having delays?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Subject: Anyone else having delays?
Date Posted: 11/17/2017 10:08 AM ET

I guess it's because we're getting close to holidays and this is the season to send stuff! lol  I've been getting lots of "The item is currently in transit to the destination as of November 15, 2017 at 9:10 am. It is on its way to _____"  So I've had it for NJ, NY, VA, AZ, CA

Anyone else getting this?

rainbowgirl28 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 11/26/2017 2:02 PM ET

They changed the tracking system a few months ago to automatically generate that message for up to three days after the last scan, if no other scans happen in that timeframe. It's annoying because they mean nothing.

Systemwide there are lots of delays, yes. It gets worse every year. 

bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 3/15/2018 10:47 AM ET

I just had to request help at the usps site for finding 2 packages..one coming to me and 1 going from me..

The one to PA has been sitting in transit to the next facility since 3/7 and the book to me in KS has also been in transit from the next facility since 3/7. ..

I've been getting this frequently.