Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Mystery & Thrillers

Topic: April Mysteries We Are Reading

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
geejay avatar
Geri (geejay) -
Member of the Month medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 4/26/2017 12:42 PM ET

Charles, I had to check it out on Kindle and I have it on hold coming from Tennessee!  I think it was made into a movie staring Peter O'Toole back in the late 70s.  The library had that too.

Becky, now you read as fast as I do.  Very succinct description of my reading habits.  :)  And, I have to share that I had some ancestors that were indigo plantation owners in India.  The two sons were adventurers.  They sailed from India to England and from there one to America and the other to the Caribbean.  The one in the Caribbean was caught in an uprising and the one in America landed in New York.  He traveled up and down the eastern seaboard and ended up in Kentucky.   

Spuddie avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 4/27/2017 8:22 AM ET

Nothing like a cool rainy day for staying inside and doing nothing but read! Well, almost nothing. I finished up all 3 books I was reading yesterday. Now back to work for the next four days though, so of course that will slow to a stutter. Mostly a half hour at lunch and an hour of bedtime reading is about what I manage on work days. About to start: In print--Home by Nightfall by Charles Finch (#9 Charles Lenox historical mystery). On the Kindle from the library--The Murder Road by Stephen Booth (#15 Cooper & Fry mystery.) Audio is a non mystery called The Tale of Halcyon Crane by Wendy Webb. Another library loan. I feel a need to venture out into regular contemporary fiction once in awhile. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Cheryl

beanie5 avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 4/27/2017 9:43 PM ET

Hey Cheryl --- We have much in common --- on the days the store is open and I work all day I come home so absolutely beat my goal is take a hot bath and go to bed --- reading might be 3 pages!!! 

On Kindle I am reading "A Beautiful Blue Death" by Charles Finch.  It is the first in the Charles Lenox series.  Thus far I am enjoying it.  In paper I am reading "The Dead Woman of Deptford" by Ann Granger.  It is one in the series with Lizzie and Ben Ross.  You will be surprised to hear they are both Historical Mysteries.

clariail avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 5/1/2017 11:41 AM ET

New month!

May Showers Bring Time to Read Mystery/Thrillers

Last Edited on: 5/1/17 11:47 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
Page: