Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: For BOBers...........

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Subject: For BOBers...........
Date Posted: 2/5/2009 2:01 PM ET
Member Since: 11/12/2005
Posts: 980
Back To Top

How long do you wait for a person to respond to a bob offer that you sent in before you cancel due to lack of response?  I have about 8 bob trades up now that are at least 2 weeks old with no response.


Date Posted: 2/5/2009 2:15 PM ET
Member Since: 8/23/2007
Posts: 26,510
Back To Top

I'm not a boxer right now but if I didnt' hear anything after a week I would cancel and make the offer to someone else.  Usually I would check the account to make sure they weren't on vacation or something. I think BOB has to be put on vacation seperately and since there's no deadlines with BOB some people might not bother.  I think 2 wks with no response is more than sufficient time to respond. 

Date Posted: 2/5/2009 2:18 PM ET
Member Since: 10/23/2005
Posts: 7,719
Back To Top

I usually will wait about 10 days. 14 seems to be plenty of time for someone to respond. If I really want the book(s) I will send a PM, if not I will just usually cancel and make a note to search for the book from someone else.

Date Posted: 2/5/2009 2:21 PM ET
Member Since: 8/24/2007
Posts: 117
Back To Top


I only wait a week - then I go on to the next person who has the books I'm looking for.

Date Posted: 2/5/2009 7:16 PM ET
Member Since: 5/22/2007
Posts: 9,682
Back To Top

I usually wait a week or 10 days tops if it's a book I really want. Two weeks is more then enough time for someone to reply.

Date Posted: 2/5/2009 8:50 PM ET
Member Since: 11/15/2008
Posts: 3,308
Back To Top

I usually wait a little more than a week , like 9 or 10 days.  I know that I've let offers sit for a day or two because I've had no time to look at the other member's shelf.  If I need longer than that and want to trade, I usually pm the person.

Date Posted: 2/5/2009 9:45 PM ET
Member Since: 11/12/2005
Posts: 980
Back To Top

Thanks everyone.  I ended up canceling the older ones.


Date Posted: 2/5/2009 11:53 PM ET
Member Since: 11/13/2005
Posts: 525
Back To Top

Heck, I'm stubborn.  If there aren't other copies of the book I want available, I'll just let it sit there.

Date Posted: 2/6/2009 12:38 AM ET
Member Since: 1/25/2007
Posts: 6,567
Back To Top

I've waited a week then if they don't answer it I'll write them a note saying "I was wanting to trade books with you but I'll try again later."

Most of the time the person will respond and ask me to resend the request. (shrug) lol