Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Best browser for PBS on iPhone?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Best browser for PBS on iPhone?
Date Posted: 2/27/2017 6:31 PM ET

Suggestions as to which mobile browser is best for PBS on an iPhone? I have Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera installed. I've already discovered that some of the features don't work in Safari.

classicana avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Coordinator medal
Date Posted: 2/28/2017 6:13 PM ET

Bren, I can't answer your question as I do not have an iPhone.  If (as it appears), you don't receive an answer here, you can send your question to the PBS Team via the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page under Company.  The programmers are no doubt familiar with which browsers, etc., work best with which devices...

sarap avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/1/2017 1:22 AM ET

I use Chrome on my (Android) phone, seems to work great except for cut/paste in the forums.

thameslink avatar
Friend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 3/1/2017 6:49 AM ET

Don't have an iPhone but I do have an iPad with pretty much the same iOS. I use Safari on my iPad and have no problems.

Momof2boys avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/1/2017 9:14 AM ET

I use Safari without any issues.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/5/2017 12:10 PM ET

FWIW, I've also had trouble using Safari on my iPhone and MacBook. Specifically, the "search" function on the WL never works for me on Safari. No matter what term I enter in the search field, it just returns the entire list to me as a result. Because of this, I use Chrome for PBS on both devices. Good luck!

soelo avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/6/2017 7:59 AM ET

On the other hand, I just ran a wishlist search on my iPhone in Safari and it worked. I tried both hitting Enter and pressing the search button. They both worked. It used to be in Firefox on my PC, hitting Enter would show the whole list so you had to be sure to press the Search button. Now both of them work in Firefox. Wish list search was broken for everyone lately, but it has been fixed, so it may be worth another try.