Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Black diamonds with question mark in it follows ALL my posts! =(

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Cali avatar
Cali (Cali) -
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medal
Subject: Black diamonds with question mark in it follows ALL my posts! =(
Date Posted: 3/12/2017 12:33 PM ET

What the heck is up with these black diamonds with a question mark inside it? � 

Dozens of them, not just one, follow every single forum post I make. sadTill recently other members had a few showing in their posts also but apparently theirs were fixed with a recent PBS upgrade.

Yes, I'm on an Apple computer and we've always been slower in getting bugs fixed but is there anything I can do to get rid of these? 

read4thesoul avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/12/2017 12:49 PM ET

It's not just you, Cali, they're showing up in other member's posts, but mainly in signatures.  It has to do with the failed upgrade that messed up the search featured, made the blog inaccessible, etc.  The team has posted in one of their updates in the Club Members Thoughts (CMT) forum that they are aware of it and will work on it after getting some other things fixed.  BTW, when you tried to copy that symbol to your post it shows up as a series of characters.  Not sure if you see it that way on your end.

Cali avatar
Cali (Cali) -
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medal
Date Posted: 3/12/2017 12:55 PM ET

read4thesoul - yes I saw that. Thank you! It's good to know it's still others as well & PBS is aware of it. Thanks for your reply! 

I like your "read4thesoul!" You'll like this. In an authors newsletter she had a cartoon with this smile in it: "I tried everything to get to sleep last night. Well, everything except closing the book and putting it on the night stand." laugh

Last Edited on: 3/12/17 12:56 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
read4thesoul avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/12/2017 1:26 PM ET

Have definitely had nights and books like that.  wink

lovejaneeyre avatar
Date Posted: 3/12/2017 1:47 PM ET

I jgoing to wait and see if the weird symbols  go away after they get all the quirks out of the updates. 

EmilyKat avatar
Limited Member medalTour Guide medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/12/2017 5:41 PM ET

It is a font error. If the system does not understand a character, it gets a filler. So the old font is not talking to the new software. It will get updated, eventually. 

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 3/12/2017 6:31 PM ET

The marks do not fix themselves once the glitch is fixed. But now that it's been fixed, all you have to do is go in and edit your siggy-- delete them and fix it to read like you want it.