Black Forest Cookies
||Cookies & Bars
||2 / 10
1/2 c. - Crisco
1/2 c. - white sugar
1/4 c. - brown sugar
2 large - eggs
1 c. - flour
2 Tbs - cocao powder
4 oz. - dark chocolate
1/2 tsp - salt
1 tsp - baking powder
1 1/4 c. - chocolate chips
1 c. - dried cherries
- Cream the first three ingredients
- Beat in eggs
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, or in the microwave on medium.
- Combine choc. and wet ingredients. Stir gently, it's OK if the choc. starts to seize.
- Sift the dry ingredients (Flour thru B.Powder)
- Combine wet and dry. Mix just until combined
- Fold in choc. chips and cherries
- Chill 30-60 mins
- Preheat oven to 350
- Drop onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake 11-13 min
- Cool for 2-5 min on pan, remove to cooling rack
- Makes 3 doz.
This recipe is completely dairy and soy Free
I bring enough wine to cover the cherries to a boil, turn off the heat, and soak the cherries until I need them, drain and then mix them in. This prevents them from drying out. The alcohol cooks out, and you can't taste it at all. Fruit juice would work, too.