Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - LGBTQ LGBTQ

Topic: *** Book Deals, Offers, Bookshelf Promotions ***

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 1/26/2011 7:23 PM ET

Last Edited on: 4/15/11 11:19 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 1/30/2011 8:26 AM ET

I have the 3 Psycop books by Jordan Castillo Price ready to be posted. All books are in postable condition so it would be 3 credits.

Psycop Partners

Psycop Property

Camp Hell

These are all wishlisted books and I'd like to post them all to one person. Please PM if interested.

Last Edited on: 1/30/11 11:44 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
KimberlyN avatar
Date Posted: 4/7/2011 9:33 PM ET

Available FREE with any other book from my bookshelf.  (Unpostable)

A Seahorse Year

A Seahorse Year
spacer.gif
A Seahorse Year
Author: Stacey D'Erasmo

In Stacey D"Erasmo"s acclaimed second novel, a quintessentially modern family is ultimately transformed by the emerging breakdown of their teenaged son, Christopher. When he disappears from his San Francisco home, his extended family comes together in a frantic search. But Christopher is in much more trouble than they know, and their attempts to...  more » support him and to save him will challenge their assumptions about themselves and one another.

Exquisitely crafted, A Seahorse Year is an absorbing read that explores the ways in which love moves us to actions that have both redemptive and disastrous consequences, sometimes in the same heartbeat.

"A Seahorse Year compellingly explores love's connections and limits . . . [D'Erasmo] writes with a graceful, sometimes devastating directness, in clear, crisp phrases lined with subtle lyricism." -- Boston Globe

"Beautiful, addictive . . . an elegant, glancing humor flecks the book . . . wonderfully observed ." -- Newsday

"You could read Stacey D'Erasmo for the subtlety of her insights or the beauty of her language or for her tumbling, shifting arrangements of plot and characters . . . Or you could just open A Seahorse Year and be mesmerized." -- The Advocate

Stacey D'Erasmo is the author of the novel Tea, which was selected as a New York Times Notable Book and a Book Sense 76 Pick. A Seahorse Year, her second novel, was a San Francisco Chronicle bestseller. She lives in New York City.

krzykris101 avatar
Subject: deleted outdated
Date Posted: 5/2/2011 9:49 AM ET

There are 3 Members wishing for this book under another ISBN Number.  I have this book on my Bookshelf.  Please Feel Free to check out some of the other Books on my shelf Mostly Gay Fiction, However there is some variety.

Christopher Rice Books (considered Gay themed Mysteries and Thrillers)

BLIND FALL (hardcover) Christopher Rice  ISBN-13:  978-0-7432-93990

LIGHT BEFORE DAY (hardcover) Christopher Rice  ISBN : 140130039-1

THE SNOW GARDEN   Christopher Rice  (hardcover dust jacket missing) ISBN:  0-7868-

OTHER GAY THEMED OR GAY INTEREST BOOOKS , THANK YOU.... krzykris101

edited/updated on : 2/May/2011

Last Edited on: 10/22/17 10:54 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: TAKEN
Date Posted: 7/8/2011 9:24 AM ET

I have the following 3 wishlisted books I'd like to send together:

All by Madeleine Urban and Abigail Roux:

Cut and Run

Sticks and Stones

Fish and Chips

Last Edited on: 7/8/11 10:18 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
presentmoment avatar
Subject: 2 fo 1 or 5 for 2 -- Lesb Fiction, Feminist, Mysteries
Date Posted: 10/24/2011 9:43 PM ET

2 books for 1credit, 5 books  for 2 credits

Lesb Fiction, Feminist, Mysteries, etc. from my bookshelf.

presentmoment avatar
Subject: 2 for 1 or 5 for 2
Date Posted: 11/28/2011 5:24 PM ET

offer ended

Generic Profile avatar
alemoa - ,
Subject: Unforgettable/Karin Kallmaker - water damage add on
Date Posted: 2/6/2012 12:37 AM ET

Hi,

I received a copy of "Unforgettable" by Karin Kallmaker which had some apparent water damage. I still chose to accept it as in "good condition", but feel that I cannot put it back onto the exchange list in "good condition".

But I will gladly include it as a free copy if you order a book from my book list. Please just PM me to include the book.

As for the book: There are some water stains and very slightly wavy page., not severe, but still noticable. It does NOT impede the reading pleasure (no pages that are stuck together).

Also, if anyone is interested in exchanging the book for another of equal quality (water damage, stains) without credits, please let me know the title and author so I can check if I have already read the book.

Thanks!

scoobeee3 avatar
Date Posted: 4/11/2012 6:19 PM ET

moved list to multiple list thread - thnx

Last Edited on: 4/12/12 11:37 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
stxcelica avatar
Date Posted: 2/6/2013 5:38 PM ET

Last Edited on: 2/7/13 9:40 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
schnauzer-mom avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/30/2013 11:39 AM ET

Last Edited on: 6/7/13 8:53 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
presentmoment avatar
Subject: 2 fo 1 or 5 for 2 -- Lesb Fiction, Feminist, Mysteries
Date Posted: 3/27/2014 9:45 PM ET

2 fo 1 or 5 for 2 -- Lesb Fiction, Feminist, Mysteries from my bookshelf. Chose your book then PM me for the freebie.

stxcelica avatar
Date Posted: 11/17/2014 1:01 PM ET

2 for 1 on all books on my bookshelf that are LGBT.  Request one and pm with your choice of free one.

sasfras72 avatar
Date Posted: 12/3/2014 3:14 PM ET

I have quite a few m/m on my WL To Go list below.

eta: They've all been snatched up. Thanks.

Last Edited on: 12/15/14 7:31 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
sulock avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 8/5/2015 12:48 PM ET

Just added multiple books in book bazaar wish list multipes for Radclyffe, Kate Sweeney and JLee Meyer-all books like new.

krzykris101 avatar
Subject: Gay and Lesbian Genre books available
Date Posted: 10/22/2017 11:21 AM ET

I have quite an assortment of LGBT genre books available a partial list is posted on my bookshelf. I have  mostly Gay Fiction genre books posted and have limited the books posted to swap to only LGBT genre (almost). I would really like to pass on some nonpostable or unlisted books with any order within reason to find people wanting to read this genre and like myself unable to go out into the community or local library and obtain this reading material. I'm in an area where to donate any of these books would be pretty much a guarantee of the equivalent of throwing them into a dumpster.  I've stopped posting books with any signs of flaws or questionable damage because I'm living on a fixed income and struggle to keep the costs of membership and obtaining used books to read and am unable to send out books only to have requests for refunds.  I have survived too much and struggle daily to live with the disabling conditions and have decided not to end my membership rather to try and continue to reach out and help in other ways on site. Please pm me if interested in additional books to go along with something on bookshelf.

goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 3/31/2023 4:29 PM ET

For all you tablet romance readers.  This is a site I subscribe to and this is good for today only.  

Today is our biggest free book blast yet! For ONE DAY ONLY, stuff your Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Apple Books or Google Play ebook reader with 1000+ FREE ROMANCE READS!!!

On Friday, March 31, 2023, get these free books at your preferred ebook retailer, for FREE, no strings attached. This is just a helpful collection of free-for-a-limited-time romance reads!

Visit our website at www.romancebookworms.com for the complete lists. No strings attached, just pick your preferred retailer and start browsing by sub-genre. We also have highlighted secondary lists for books by authors of colour about protagonists of colour, books with LGBTQIA+ protagonists, and books written by authors with disabilities. Oh, and it’s Trans Visibility Day!!! So we start each retailer page with a highlighted list of featured books with trans characters or authorship.

Please note that some books on Amazon are free for one day only, and that day is on Pacific Time (aka Amazon.com time). Also, prices may change at any moment. The Romance Bookworms team has tried to ensure that all books are in fact free, but readers are encouraged to double-check the price before clicking.

The next free book blast is June 30.

Page: