Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Books on hold

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
sasssy25 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Books on hold
Date Posted: 10/10/2018 7:51 PM ET

I have a lot of books on my bookshelf that are on individual hold for one reason or another. Suddenly, they arent' showing up on my bookshelf. It is as if I'm looking at the public bookshelf view, but I am not. Has anyone else noticed this or heard anything about it?

sasssy25 avatar
Date Posted: 10/10/2018 7:59 PM ET

I tried switching from public view to edit/full bookshelf view to see if that would magically make them show up. It did not.

I put my bookshelf on vacation hold, posted a WL book, put it on individual hold, and took my bookshelf off hold. The just-posted just-held book immediately disappeared from view while my bookshelf was on hold and did not magically reappear when I took my bookshelf off vacation hold.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 10/11/2018 9:26 AM ET

I don't have any books on hold on my bookshelf, but my 'held' books on my WL are all showing up.  Check your WL for held books, maybe it's only the bookshelf where this glitch is happening.

Cathy avatar
Cathy A. (Cathy) - ,
Date Posted: 10/11/2018 10:56 AM ET

On your My Bookshelf page, in the yellow area above the list of books, what is selected in the View dropdown? If you have that set to show Posted Books, switch it to All Books or Books on Hold. I've just tried it, and it's working fine for me.

sasssy25 avatar
Date Posted: 10/11/2018 7:06 PM ET

Cathy, is that a new field? I don't recall ever seeing it before, but I've always seen all of my books when looking at my bookshelf. Either the field is new or they have changed the default to just showing posted books. Now that I have found that field, everything is right with the world again... Well okay, maybe just the PBS bookshelf world. ;) Thanks for the help!

Cathy avatar
Cathy A. (Cathy) - ,
Date Posted: 10/11/2018 7:28 PM ET

Glad it's working again. That View dropdown has been there for many years, but it's a sticky setting that's stored in a cookie in your browser, so if you have a new computer or if you deleted your cookies or switched browsers, that could have reset it.