Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Homeschoolers' Corner Homeschoolers' Corner

Topic: My Books Lists for Homeschooling

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
bookwormhouse avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: My Books Lists for Homeschooling
Date Posted: 11/13/2016 4:40 PM ET

I am a homeschool mom with children now in college. I have made lists of homeschool resources utilizing PBS's Book List Tool. If you click on my nickname (in parentheses), to go to my profile, scroll down and look in the lower left, you will find links to the lists. I taught with a Charoltte Mason/Classical approach in historical eras. Feel free to add books. These were ones I used or were recommended to me. Any book K-12 are welcome. The titles of my lists are:

Homeschool Library List - Reference/Resource

Homeschool Library List - Faith

Homeschool Humanities Library

Homeschool Science/Mathematics Library

Homeschool Library List - Just Great Children's Books (Didn't fit in a historical period)

Homeschool Library List- Ancient Timeline

Homeschool Library List -Medieval Period

Homeschool Library List - Renaissance/Reformation

Homeschool Library List - Age of Exploration

Homeschool Library List - Colonial Era                

Homeschool Library List - Westward Expansion

Book List - Homeschool Library List - Civil War Era

Homeschool Library List - Industrial Era

Homeschool Library List - World Wars

Homeschool Library List - 20th Century and Beyond

r801 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 12/17/2016 11:59 PM ET

MOST impressive!! Sounds like we had similar homeschool teaching styles...amazing how the time flew by!! My youngest is married and about to finish college and it seems like just last year he would arrive each morning at the breakfast table dressed up as something: cowboy, fireman, story or movie figure..it was fun to be able to let him "be" whomever he woke up in the morning to be!! 

bookwormhouse avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 12/31/2016 7:05 PM ET

I am reassembling my collection as my daughter is married and wants to homeschool when they start their family. For those in the midst or juststarting to homeschool, you can do it! Mine are college graduates and their professors loved them. On those days when you question your sanity... this too shall pass!

Firefly avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalTour Guide medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 2/13/2018 11:08 AM ET

Wow - what a great list!!  Thank you for sharing.  :-)