An easy and informative read by the La Leche League. I found chapters 4 and 5 especially helpful.
1. Breastfeeding in Today's World. Includes: Why mothers breastfeed; and Confidence: What breastfeeding mothers need most.
2. Getting Ready. Includes: Breast and nipple care; Choosing health-care providers; Adjusting your lifestyle.
3. Off to a Good Start. Includes: Newborns, new mothers, and nursing; Getting baby started at the breast; No bottles, frequent breastfeeding; Getting enough?; Breastfeeding after a cesaerean.
4. Solving Problems. Includes: Why nipples get sore; Sleepy babies, lazy nursers, and other slow-to get-started types; Nipple confusion; Forceful let-down; Leaking milk; Newborn Jaundice; Illness in mother or baby; Plugged ducts and breast infections; Thrush; How to express and store your milk; Special medical situations.
5. Life with a Breastfed Baby. Includes: Getting enough sleep; Why is your baby crying?; "How often should I nurse this baby?"; Worries about milk supply; Early days at home; Going out with baby; Dealing with criticism; Taking care of yourself; Fathers and their feelings; Your sex life.
6. Looking Ahead. Includes: Changing behavior as baby grows; When baby gets teeth; Starting solids; Returning to work; Weaning--or not; A world of breastfeeding women.