From the Help Center:
Why use the Buddy List?
- The Buddy List is a great way to communicate with and keep track of a group:
- For example, if you are playing or hosting a Game in the Games Forum, you can add all of the other games players to your Buddy List and make a tag with the name of the game you are playing. Then when the time comes to send out a Personal Message to one or all of the players, you can sort your Buddy List to view only Buddies with that tag, and send your PM.
- If you have joined or are leading a Local PBS Chapter, this is a great way to keep in touch so you don't miss a PBS event
- The Buddy List allows you to keep an eye on specific members' bookshelves:
- If you get a wonderfully-wrapped book in great condition, shipped promptly, you are likely to want to swap with that sender again. You can put her on your Buddy List and tag her "great swapper!" and when you have some credits burning a hole in your pocket, you can go shopping on her bookshelf and submit your request for a book directly to her.
- If you meet someone on PBS who has similar reading tastes, you can check her bookshelf periodically to see if she has Posted anything new, or send her a Personal Message when you have posted new books for swapping.
- The Buddy List can make Chatting easier:
- Go to the Buddy List and see if your Buddy is online (if the dot beside her name on the list is green)
- If she's online, send her a PM: "Wanna meet me in chat?"
- You can use the Buddy List to give other members credits