Heat over to 350
Place sugar and water in large Pyrex measuring cup. Microwave on High for 8-10 minutes, watching carefully not to burn and only until it turns a light golden color. Immediately pour in a 8X8X2 or 9" round pan and quickly but carefully (using pot holders) move the pan around to coat sides. Let cool completely. You can also use individual custard cups. These will take less time in the oven, aproximately 30 min.
1. Place softened cheese in a blender, add condensed milk and blend until smooth and no lumps are visible.
2. Add evaporated milk, milk, a pinch of salt and vanilla. Blend.
3. Add eggs and blend until eggs are incorporated.
4. Pour into prepared pan with caramel (caramel will be hard when cooled)
5. Place the pan or custard cups in another larger pan containing hot water. (water bath)
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Flan will be done when you insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean. Do not overcook.
7. Cool completely and refrigerate covered. (Do not unmold until completely cooled in the refrigerator)
1. Loosen sides with a thin knive, place a larger serving plate over the flan and invert. Cut in individual pieces and serve as is or with vanilla ice cream, or just serve with some whipped cream on top!