Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: CVS COUPONS--update in last post

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: CVS COUPONS--update in last post
Date Posted: 3/9/2016 5:24 PM ET

Since we don't have a coupon thread anymore, I'll just share this bit of info.  CVS told me today that they will accept their own expired store coupons for a few months after the exp date!  (much like Bed Bath and Beyond but BB&B will take ones years old.)

Last Edited on: 5/31/16 9:35 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 3/9/2016 8:36 PM ET

Thanks for information.  I shop at CVS every week.  That's good to know. 

sandi00 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/9/2016 11:16 PM ET

Wow, I'm so glad to know this!  I frequently get the 25% off coupons & sometimes don't make it in on time :-)

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/9/2016 11:29 PM ET

Thanks for sharing that Jeanne! Sandi, I also appreciate those 25% off's but like you said sometimes don't use them in time.

Related, so everyone knows, you are able to combine CVS % off coupons! I did not know that until a store associate told me sometime last year. If you have a 20% offer loaded to your Extra Care card and then get a 25% off coupon in the snail mail, those will combine. I often get floss at CVS and sometimes there will be 30% off Listerine Floss that I am able to print out at the EC machine or load to my card, that will also combine with a regular percentage off coupon.

One FYI, when you have both Extra Buck Rewards or a $ off Coupon, those will be deducted BEFORE any % off coupons, just like at Kohl's.

Happy Saving Everyone :)

starvinArtist avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/10/2016 12:25 AM ET

really, I tried an expired coupon not long ago but it wasn't accepted.. wonder if it depends on the area

Silvercat avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 3/10/2016 9:15 AM ET

I think it depends on the area, Adrienne - or even the person who waits on you. 

Last Edited on: 3/16/16 7:36 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Date Posted: 3/10/2016 11:43 AM ET

So sorry to hear that Linda.......I often get 'forgiveness' or what I think of as 'special treatment'  from BB&B. At our local store they even let you use a  20% off coupon for each item plus the $5 off of a $15 purchase.  Other locations don't always allow that.

I even got a deal that their sister company "Buy Buy Baby' doesn't normally do. They will take CURRENT Bed Bath & Beyond coupons there as well as their own current ones.  When I pulled it out of my purse I saw it had expired the day before, but they got manager to override the exp date and gave me the deal anyway. Our Baby store doesn't seem to get a lot of business, though they must do well enough since the Babies R US that was a block away closed after they opened. 

Back to CVS......I knew I could use a $$ off coupon then a % off, but did not know I could combine the % ones.  I frequently have manufacturer coupons for same items as CVS has a coupon for so I double-dip that way. You really have to be vigilant to what's on sale, what coupons you have, and the expiration dates.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Date Posted: 5/31/2016 9:34 PM ET

UPDATE ON CVS COUPONS-- our local stores suddenly stopped taking expired ones!