Change Processes in the Public Schools Author:Richard O Carlson, Art Gallaher, Matthew B Miles, Roland J Pellegrin, Everett M Rogers This book is a report of a seminar conducted with public school officials by The Center For the Advanced Study of Educational Administration at the University of Oregon.The seminar, considered a pilot venture, had as its main objective the enhancement of the school officials' understanding of the planned change processes and of their skills in c... more »arrying out planned change.
Included are papers used in the seminar, with these titles:
1. Barriers to Change in Public Schools
2. Planned Change and Organizational Health: Figure and Ground
3. Directed Change in Formal Organizations: The School System
4. What are Innovators Like?
5. The Place of Research in Planned Change
Summaries of group discussions and of the seminar complete the book.« less