Classic chocolate pudding
||2 / 10
1 c. - Sugar
1/3 c. - Flour
2 c. - Skim milk
5 oz. - Chocolate
generous dash of - Vanilla
3 - egg yolks
- Wisk together the flour and sugar in a large sauce pan
- Slowly wisk in the milk
- While you are chopping the chocolate, turn on the stove to medium heat, and let the milk warm up. Be sure to stir it frequently.
- Dump in the chocolate and the vanilla. Stir constantly until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Once the mixture has thickened a little, turn off the heat.
- Beat the egg yolks in a separate bowl. Slowly wisk at least a cup of the chocolate mixture. This is to cook the eggs, before you add them to the chocolate, so you don't get egg drop pudding.
- Wisk in the egg mixture, cook the whole thing on medium high, stirring constantly, for one minute.
Some people like to eat this warm, I prefer it cold. It is very good with whipped cream and strawberries.
The chocolate can also be supplemented with Andes candies, peanut butter chips, After Eights, etc.
It is also good with whole wheat flour.