Didn't get off very well on this challenge so I am continuing my classics challenge for 2019. Hope that's ok with everyone.
"DIY" 2018 Challenge instructions:
- Set your own goal as to how many classics you'd like to read this year. Making a list of the books I've been meaning to read and choosing from the list. All are on my shelf.
- Choose topics from previous challenge years (or design your own).
A 19th Century Classic - any book published between 1800 and 1899 - The Europeans by Henry James, 10/25/2018, 3 stars
- 2016 A 19th Century Classic: A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving, in process 6. An adventure classic: Treasure Island 7. A fantasy, science fiction, or dystopian classic: Stranger in a Strange Land by Heinlein, 3/11/2019, 4.5.stars; The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham, 3/13/2019, 4 stars
- 2015 A book you haven't read yet by a favorite classic author: The Castle by Kafka, Surfacing by Margaret Atwood, in process; The Flight of the Falcon by Daphne du Maurier, 4/8/2019, 4 stars.
New-to-you author Tristana by Benito Perez Galdos (Story of Tristana. Horacio, and Don Lope), 3/30/2018, 3.5 stars,
- 2013 Special topics (Russian Literature) Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol, 4/6/2019, 3 stars
Poetry collection The Wisdom of Gibran edited by Joseph Sheban, reading this one since I read The Prophet in college and I think it best fits here. Completed 6/23/2018, 3 stars a classic author's first novel: This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald, 11/9/2018, 3 stars
- 2010 Book on your TBR: Mules and Men by Zora Neale Hurston, 6/15/2018, 4 stars;
Last Edited on: 6/22/19 6:17 PM ET - Total times edited: 12