Corn and Black Bean Salad:
||1 / 10
Corn and Black Bean Salad
* 1 ear fresh sweet corn, roasted and cut into kernels (1 or 2 cans corn drained)
* 1 can black beans, drained
* 1 red onion, finely minced (or as preferred)
* 1 large tomato, diced
* 1 can chopped green chiles or 1 finely minced seeded jalapeno
* 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (delete if desired)
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 small lime, juiced (approx 2 T.)
* 1/2 c. virgin olive oil ( I will use 1/4 cup corn oil next time)
* 2 T. red wine vinegar
* 1 pinch cumin
* 1 pinch crushed red pepper
* 1/8 t. honey
* salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Mix salad/salsa ingredients.
2. Mix dressing ingredients using a food processor or shake in jar. I usually let this sit at room temperature for about a half hour to let the flavors get friendly.
3. Add to salad/salsa mixture.
4. Can be served chilled or at room temperature.
Makes a great side dish for a BBQ or picnic and is also good as a party dip for corn tortilla chips.