Coroner Author:Thomas T. Noguchi, MD with Joseph DiMona Dr. Thomas Noguchi is the brilliant and controversial coroner who as Chief Medical Examiner of Los Angeles County made headlines in his battle with press and bureaucrats alike to preserve the independence of the coroner's office and "tell it like it is." He is the trailblazing forensic pathologist who has solved the mysteries surrounding the de... more »aths, murders and suicides of thousands of people - including some of the most famous political figures and film celebrities of our time.
Now, for the first time, Dr. Noguchi recounts his colorful and stormy career, explains his innovative techniques and reveals the fully story behind his most fascinating investigations.
In Coroner, Dr. Noguchi sheds new light on his most controversial cases - controversies that persist even today:
- How did Natalie Wood spend the last terrifying moments of her life?
- Did Marilyn Monroe commit suicide or were the drugs that killed her injected into her body by someone else?
- Did Sirhan Sirhan or another gunman fire the bullet that killed Robert Kennedy?
- How could the knives used in the murder of Sharon Tate be identified and traced to the Manson gang if they were never found?
- What were the real circumstances behind the drug-related death of Janis Joplin?
- Were the kidnappers of Patty Hearst victims of police brutality or of their own revolutionary zeal?
- How and why did William Holden die?
- Was John Belushi murdered?
These are just some of the questions answered in this powerful, gutsy book written by the real-life "Quincy" with coauthor Joseph DiMona.« less