Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: **** DECEMBER RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS (RAOK) ****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: **** DECEMBER RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS (RAOK) ****
Date Posted: 11/30/2016 10:28 PM ET

Welcome to the Random Acts of Kindness thread, also known as the RAOK place. This is where we post things to give away to others, asking NOTHING in return but a thank you. No money or credits are exchanged. We give freely, at our own expense. If you see something you’d like, PM the member with your mailing info. If you are the one mailing, please be sure to put full postage on any packages you send. Members have reported receiving "gifts" with postage due.

Please note that we must abide by PBS rules - NO buying, selling or advertising allowed.

For liability reasons, sorry, but no medications of any kind may be posted in this forum. This includes prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and supplements.

RAOK rules -
You may not ask for anything in return for the things you post here. Please do not ask for postage, or to swap or trade.
If you ask for a RAOK posted by another member, please do not offer to pay or give something in return. This is not allowed and defeats the purpose of the Random Act of Kindness.  Try to pay it forward and perhaps grant some wishes in the ***I Wish*** thread.
We ask that you do not reply within the thread. We are different from most forums in this way. When we go to ***I Wish***, we see wishes; in ***RAOK***, we see just what’s being given away. If you have a question about it, simply PM the member. All RAOKs should be handled privately between members via PM.
Please do not post single use codes - such as Coke codes - in this forum. Post that you have them and let members PM you for them. It saves all the replies within the thread (see above). You may start a separate thread if you want to post them that way. Or check the ***I Wish*** thread and simply grant a Coke code wish or two. Codes that can be used over and over again are perfectly fine to post here in RAOK.
Please do not ask someone for ‘everything on your list’ (yes, it’s been done), so that others can have a chance.
One of our most important rules is that you must acknowledge receipt of the things sent to you! This is our biggest problem. People take the time to post, wrap, and mail, and then never know if the package arrived. Please say thanks for what you receive, either by PM or in the ***Thank You*** thread. It’s the polite thing to do, and we all worry about our mail getting through. Those who don't acknowledge a kindness will often find their future requests ignored.
Please include your nickname when you mail out a RAOK. This makes you easier to find and thank.
Be sure to check your listing and edit as needed, so people are not disappointed. We know that life gets in the way and computers crash, but please try.
Credit transactions should take place in the Book Bazaar or by private PM.

RAOK Tips -
Think carefully about what you want to give away before you post. Postage costs these days can be terrible for over-sized or heavy items that cannot go by media mail. We have all been shocked by the postage for something we mailed here; it happens often. Think first! This is a fun place, but you don’t need to empty your wallet by taking part. It’s wonderful to do something nice for others, but be kind to yourself too.

Before you post something to give away, check the ***I Wish*** thread --- someone may already be asking for it!

If you mark "taken" by your items that have been asked for, please put the word TAKEN in another color by that item, so it's easily apparent to our members that something is no longer available. This avoids disappointments and keeps you from getting more requests for an item that has already been claimed.  Or, just edit your post to delete that item.

If one of us contacts you about changing your post, please understand that we have to follow PBS rules and guidelines. Often we have to ask someone to change or delete a post because of that. New things come up here all the time. If something is not appropriate, we will tell you so, and ask you to change it. Remember that the PBS team does oversee the forums. They edit posts and have been known to suspend accounts. We hate to have that happen to our fellow RAOKers when we can take care of problems ourselves.

RAOK reminders for people requesting something that is offered here -
The people offering RAOKs are doing it out of kindness and generosity, often despite limited means.  Please make your requests for those items in the same spirit, and do not ask for anything that was not explicitly offered.  The people posting RAOKs are offering just what they have, and we appreciate them for doing so.  A request for substitutions is not in keeping with the intention of this thread.  If you would accept only a particular color, size, flavor, or other quality of an offered item, then please use the ***I Wish*** thread to ask for the specific item there instead.

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me and ask. We are always happy to be of help to members of the RAOK forum, new or old. Thanks for participating in this great part of PBS!  Enjoy!

jlibrarian avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 11/30/2016 11:47 PM ET

I am offering 1 CD, in its original case:
Favorite Lullabies (Family Circle) CD TAKEN

Last Edited on: 12/1/16 9:41 AM ET - Total times edited: 3
kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 12/1/2016 8:32 AM ET

On the FIRST day of CHRISTMAS, my true friend gave to me:

A book from your wish list!!! First one to message me!

WOW! Had lots of requests on this one, sorry to take so long in responding! CHERYL gets this one! BUT theres more to come!

Last Edited on: 12/1/16 5:58 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 12/1/2016 10:07 AM ET

Last Edited on: 12/13/16 3:19 PM ET - Total times edited: 5
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: gone for rest of year, will send out more in January
Date Posted: 12/1/2016 10:40 AM ET

New items in bold:

unused 2016 wall calendar with beautiful pictures of the Virgin Mary

$15 off code for first order of $49 or more at Chewy.com       pet supply website, exp 3/31/17

2 strips of Christmas to/from stickers for gifts

purse sized photo album with plastic sleeves (new in package)

a power charger cord for a Jawbone UP fitness tracker (like new-- Used less than a year)

3 baseball cards from Topps

laminated study guides for Microeconomics, Business Law, and American History 2 (1877-Clinton)--request 1 or more

TAKEN--

to Julie D-- code for free 8x11 calendar from Shutterfly (value $24.99)

to* EKH-- card confetti with green leaves and orange #1s 

to *Melissa B-- folded world map, about 2' by 3'

to *Towana-- code for free 8x8 photo book from Shutterfly(value $29.99)

to *Vicky-- Shutterfly coupon: code for $20 off

Last Edited on: 12/20/16 6:03 PM ET - Total times edited: 12
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 12/1/2016 11:10 AM ET

Last Edited on: 12/3/16 5:08 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 12/1/2016 11:55 AM ET

Mouse pad.  Does anyone use these still?

Bubble wrap, used, the fat bubble kind.

Colored pencils, used.

Christmasy temp tattoos: 2 "sets" left.

Coupon potlucks.

Sticker potucks.

Need a specific coupon or type of coupon?   Let me know what you need.

Multiples of the following coupons:

• $.50 Activia 4 pack 9/15/17
  • $.50 Dannon 4 or 6 pack yogurts/cups/drinks 9/15/17
  • $2.25 Ensure multipack 4/30/17
  • $2.25 Glucerna multipack 4/30/17
  • $2 Sundown Naturals adult gummy supplement 12/31/16
  • $4 Zyrtec 24-30 count 12/31/16
  • $3 Zyrtec Children's 12+ ct or 4 oz syrup 12/31/16

Last Edited on: 12/23/16 3:07 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
sandi00 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 12/1/2016 2:53 PM ET

Happy December!

I bought a Sephora lip gloss set & there are 4 that I won't be using because the colors won't work for me.  They're brand new, unused.  I cannot find a pic of each individually, so here is the link to the set & I will tell you what number they are, so you can get an idea of the shade (sorry this is so difficult!).  Here's the link:  http://www.sephora.com/kissin-up-lip-gloss-set-P412566?skuId=1817261&icid2=products%20grid:p412566

Here are the ones I have to give away:

1. Candy Pink (starting from the left hand side, it's 3rd in line) - TAKEN

2.  Sheer Lilac (4th from the left) - TAKEN

3.  Burgundy (10th from the left) - TAKEN

4. Flushed Fuschia (15th from the left) -TAKEN

WOW!  Those were popular!!!  Hoping to get more to offer soon!!

Last Edited on: 12/2/16 9:01 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
BlackPanther avatar
Standard Member medalTour Guide medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 12/1/2016 6:17 PM ET

I have this one in a paperback Search For Santa It's a seek and find (12 puzzles) taken

Highlights Puzzlemania (It says 9-12 yrs, but it looks a little on the younger side to me.)

The Sims 3 Expansion Pack (Win/Mac) software.... 1) Ambitions or 2) Late Nite or 3) Generations

Basic Obedience Five Gentle & Easy Commands to Teach Your Dog DVD unopened

If I get multiple requests they'll go separately

Last Edited on: 12/2/16 11:41 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 12/2/2016 12:12 AM ET

*Edited by PaperBackSwap; offer withdrawn*

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 12/2/2016 12:21 AM ET

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 12/2/2016 12:35 AM ET

kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 12/2/2016 8:34 AM ET

On the Second Day of Christmas my true friend gave to me:

A brand new beautiful magnet for your fridge! It says LIVE, LAUGH, TRAVEL, I have desert scenes. I created these magnets on Shutterfly. Nice and big too! You may not travel, but the scenery on these is breathtaking. Link below, BUT the scene you see in it is NOT the scene I have here, mine here for you is wayyyy better! HA!

https://c3.staticsfly.com/asset/fetch/cs/MAGNET-117037-1748-MERCHLARGE_FRONT-machu-picchu-peru/thumbnail.preview/v1

Last Edited on: 12/2/16 8:07 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
tommygirl avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 12/2/2016 9:11 AM ET

Last Edited on: 1/2/17 11:36 AM ET - Total times edited: 4
salliebear avatar
Date Posted: 12/2/2016 10:58 AM ET

Hi all,  I have some crafting booklets to share. 

1.  Simply Cross Stitch - Cross Stitch Tips from the Experts.  The Needlecraft Shop, 1991.  TAKEN

2.  Cross Stitch Finishing Tips and Techniques. The Needlecraft Shop, 1991  TAKEN

3.  Knitting and Crochet from Simplicity. Booklet #0492, Crochet Tops

4.  Knit Tips and Techniques An Original by Annie.  Annie's Attic, 2000

5.  The Fun, Fun, Fundamentals of Scrapbooking by Art Works International

6.  Knit Simple magazine - Spring/Summer 2006  TAKEN

Please include PM with address

Last Edited on: 12/5/16 9:39 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 12/2/2016 7:20 PM ET

*Edited by PaperBackSwap*

Last Edited on: 12/2/16 7:21 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 12/3/2016 2:08 PM ET

On the Third day of Christmas my true friend gave to me:

A book from my shelf! To Vicky

Last Edited on: 12/4/16 12:14 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 12/3/2016 8:57 PM ET

Last Edited on: 12/4/16 6:41 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 12/4/2016 1:54 PM ET

On the Fourth day of Christmas my true friend gave to me:

MULITPLE PEOPLE CAN REQUEST!

Someone who has a child in their family who LOVES My Little Pony, I can hook you up! We have stuffed, glass, plastic, mini's, tons of MLP. My daughter is giving some of her MLP away as she is now into dragons. So let me know the child's age that way I can tell what would fit best toy and collectable wise.

Last Edited on: 12/4/16 7:48 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
sylvrilyn avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 12/4/2016 7:09 PM ET

I went through some scarves this weekend, and came up with a few I thought I'd offer here.  None of them are perfect, and all came to me used, but I thought there was a chance some of you might like them.  Picture is here.  All except the square bird one are folded in half for the picture.  PM me if you're interested, and let me know first and second choice, etc.  I may divide them up, depending on how many requests I get.

Top row:
1. Colorful animals: silk, originally from Ten Thousand Villages (found this out from a friend who had one like it -- I got this one used.) TAKEN
2. Subdued stripes: Not sure what this is made from, but it's nice and light and soft.  Big enough to be a scarf or a shawl if you're small like I am. :) TAKEN
3. Songbirds: Pretty sure this is polyester. TAKEN

Bottom row:
4. Gray leopard: something synthetic. TAKEN
5. Gray flowers: This is super-soft, and I LOVE the feel of it, but just never seem to get around to wearing it.  Time to let it go to someone who will!  The picture cut it off, but it has fringe on the ends.  Also, it looks a little pinkish toward the middle of the picture, but that's a fluke.  It's just gray. TAKEN

Last Edited on: 12/5/16 12:30 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
libbylee1 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 12/4/2016 9:12 PM ET

My first offering this month:
TAKEN:  Coach ipod Nano Case (Wristlet).  New with tags.  Does not contain an ipod Nano, it is JUST the case/wristlet.

Last Edited on: 12/5/16 4:39 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 12/5/2016 7:03 PM ET

Here's what I have for this month:

2. One living in the moment 2017 planner.

3. One sealed Bicycle Baccarat computer game.

4. One set of 5 long skinny cards-all birthday

7. I have a few Yankee candle coupons that I will send to one person.

Please have address in your PM. I will send items when I can due to work schedule and weather. Thanks.

Last Edited on: 12/10/16 12:00 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 12/5/2016 10:35 PM ET

On the Fifth Day of Christmas my PBS friend gave to me:

Surf's Up DVD

Fantastic Mr. Fox  DVD

Despicable Me 2 DVD  ALL TAKEN

Last Edited on: 12/6/16 7:57 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
eveningstar avatar
Date Posted: 12/6/2016 12:00 AM ET

Hi everyone!

This month I am offering an item to two people. I will order you a makeup brush pad from Amazon. This is just like the one I own and I looove it. It helps clean my makeup brushes thoroughly (very important for healthy skin) and is small enough that it's easy to put in a beauty drawer or on a shelf. It looks like this: http://i67.tinypic.com/2pl3p.png

Two are available to be claimed!

1. Taken

2. Taken TAKEN

Last Edited on: 12/15/16 11:26 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: TAKEN: Origami paper x 6
Date Posted: 12/6/2016 12:13 AM ET

***ALL TAKEN***

I have 6 packages of origami paper to give away.  These are small packets, with roughly 25 sheets per pack.

This is what origami is if you are not aware of it:
Origami is the art of cloth or paper folding.  Most people fold the paper into pretty patterns or animals, etc.
Here are some simple origami instructions on the web; there are tons of websites you can find for more patterns:
http://www.origami-instructions.com/simple-origami.html

Please send me your full mailing info when requesting these so I don't have to go back and forth with convos.  I am more than happy to ship to military mailboxes anywhere in the world.
1) TAKEN by Silvercat
2) TAKEN by Jen B
3) TAKEN by Tommygirl
4) TAKEN by Melissa B
5) TAKEN by ConnieJ76
6) TAKEN by candy14
surprise!  one more to bookfairy

Last Edited on: 12/7/16 5:54 PM ET - Total times edited: 5
Page: