Book Reviews of I Dared to Call Him Father: The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter With God

I Dared to Call Him Father: The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter With God
I Dared to Call Him Father The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter With God
Author: Richard H. Schneider, Bilquis Sheikh
ISBN-13: 9780800793241
ISBN-10: 0800793242
Publication Date: 4/1/2003
Pages: 192
Rating:
  • Currently 4.1/5 Stars.
 18

4.1 stars, based on 18 ratings
Publisher: Chosen Books
Book Type: Paperback
Reviews: Amazon | Write a Review

7 Book Reviews submitted by our Members...sorted by voted most helpful

reviewed I Dared to Call Him Father: The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter With God on + 12 more book reviews
Helpful Score: 4
Amazing story of childlike faith and immediate obedience! The written account is choppy, but the substance of her story will draw you away from this.
reviewed I Dared to Call Him Father: The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter With God on + 643 more book reviews
Helpful Score: 4
Product Description
I Dared to Call Him Father is the fascinating true story of Bilquis Sheikh, a prominent Muslim woman. Her unusual journey to a personal relationship with God turned her world upside down-and put her life in danger. Originally published in 1978, the book has sold 300,000 copies and is a classic in Muslim evangelism. The 25th anniversary edition includes an afterword by a missionary friend of Bilquis who plays a prominent role in the story and an appendix on how the East enriches the West.

From the Back Cover
How do I give myself to God completely? What happens when I do? I Dared to Call Him Father is a book for everyone who has ever asked these questions. It is the fascinating true story of Bilquis Sheikh, a prominent Muslim woman in South Asia who faced these questions at the crossroads of her life-and found the astonishing answers. Her entire life turned upside down as a series of strange dreams launched her on a quest that would forever consume her heart, mind and soul. This 25th anniversary edition contains a new afterword by a Western friend of Bilquis and a new appendix on how the East enriches the West.
reviewed I Dared to Call Him Father: The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter With God on + 28 more book reviews
Helpful Score: 2
This was a very fast reading book. Amazing how God can show Himself and his plans to people if we would just listen. It is about a wealthy Muslim lady who has been called to spread the message of Christianity. My copy is on someone else's wish list, but will be removing it from my TBR list and bookshelf for a while for other members of family to read, including my nephew who will be leaving for Afghanistan soon.
reviewed I Dared to Call Him Father: The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter With God on + 2 more book reviews
An inspiring account of a woman's spiritual journey and quest for religious freedom. Quick and captivating read!
reviewed I Dared to Call Him Father: The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter With God on + 15 more book reviews
Bilquis Sheikh with Richard h. Schnider present a book called I Dared to Call Him Father. the review on the book states," The true story of a women who discovers what happens when she gives herself to god completely." "How do i give myself to God completely? what happens when I do? I Dared to Call Him Father is a book for everyone who has ever asked those questions. It is the facinating true story of a woman from another culture who faced those questions at the crossroads of her life... and found the answer. it is the story of a woman whose life turned upside down as a series of strange dreams launched her on a quest that would consume her heart, mind, and soul." this is the story of a Muslim Woman who risked all to turn to put her faith in the Lord, with all the consequences it would have for her.
reviewed I Dared to Call Him Father: The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter With God on + 13 more book reviews
A good read in great shape. Original buyer's name inscribed on first page.
reviewed I Dared to Call Him Father: The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter With God on + 2499 more book reviews
I just finished this book.It was very interesting.It is about a rich, prominent Pakastani Muslim woman who becomes a Christian. In Pakistan 95% of the population is Muslim, the other 5 % is other religions including Christian. The Christians tend to be generic because there are so few of them.
There is an error in this book. The author is talking about "hidden believers". As an example she talks about Nicodemus coming to Jesus once as a secret believer then the Bible no longer mentioning NIcodemus. This is incorrect. IN John 19:38-40 , Joseph of Arimethea and Nicodemus come and get Jesus' body to bury it.Many people would have seen them from the Biblical accounts. The high priests' spies and Romans were everywhere.