How do I cancel or suspend my membership?
A simple message to us with the request to close the account is all that is needed.
- There is no minimum number of swaps necessary before an account can be closed.
- You can easily suspend your account temporarily by putting your bookshelf on hold.
- This will not put club emails on hold
- This will not affect ongoing (already active) transactions
- This will not affect Box-O-Books; Box-O-Books needs to be paused separately.
The reason a member cannot close his or her account automatically is because we have to check for outstanding requests. It would be unfair to other members to leave items incomplete. Once a member requests cancellation, we close the account and handle outstanding items.
If you close your account and wish to have it reopened later, just send us another message.