The Duchess Deal - Girl Meets Duke, Bk 1 Author:Tessa Dare When girl meets Duke, their marriage breaks all the rules… — Since his return from war, the Duke of Ashbury’s to-do list has been short and anything but sweet: brooding, glowering, menacing London ne’er-do-wells by night. Now there’s a new item on the list. He needs an heir -- which means he needs a wife. When Emma Gladst... more »one, a vicar’s daughter turned seamstress, appears in his library wearing a wedding gown, he decides on the spot that she’ll do.
His terms are simple:
- They will be husband and wife by night only.
- No lights, no kissing.
- No questions about his battle scars.
- Last, and most importantly… Once she’s pregnant with his heir, they need never share a bed again.
But Emma is no pushover. She has a few rules of her own:
- They will have dinner together every evening.
- With conversation.
- And unlimited teasing.
- Last, and most importantly… Once she’s seen the man beneath the scars, he can’t stop her from falling in love…« less
I just love my beastly heroes! Ash was irresistibly delicious; emotionally and physically scarred and longing for a loving touch. Emma, beautiful and strong though not without her own bad experiences, was perfectly matched for Ashbury. Behaviors and conversations certainly veered into the modern world, but their antics (sexual and otherwise) and growing mutual affection kept me distracted and eager for more. An entertaining romp that's sure to please historical romance fans. 4 stars.