Easy One Dish Meal * for Mac n' Cheese Lovers *1-412721089
||Pastas & Noodles
||1 / 10
1 Lb. - Lean Ground Round * browned* Turkey works really well too!
1 Box (16 oz) - Reduced Fat @Kraft Velvetta Macaroni and Cheese *reserve cheese for casserole prep.
1 8 oz can - Ro-tel *any brands ok* But I get the ones with peppers (undrained)
4 oz Bag - Reducced Fat @Kraft shredded Sharp Cheddar or Mexican cheese
1/2 tsp. - Ground Oregano
1/4 tsp. - Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Dice onion.
- While the over is preheating, start beef browning on stove. Add garlic and onion (diced).
- While beef is browning, prepare the Macaroni and Cheese according to directions (leave slightly al' dente) Important so that the macaroni won't get mushy during baking. Drain, rinse well.
- Pour the macaroni into the casserole dish, add the oregano. Stir well.
- Now mix in the tomatoes.
- Drain the beef (turkey), onions and garlic mixture. . Add to the casserole. Don't stir yet
- Finally add the Cheese Mix (from the Kraft box). Wait to stir.
- Don't stir till you add the 4 ounces of shredded cheese. Mix gently but thouroughly.
- Cover with aluminum foil sealing tightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes allowing the flavors to mix well.
- Remove from oven. Be careful taking the foil off.
- Allow to sit a few minutes.
t's my families favorite dsh.
Serve with a small tossed salad.
For desert: Orange sherbert!
It really is better with Turkey!