Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: Erotica: Yes, BDSM: No

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Subject: Erotica: Yes, BDSM: No
Date Posted: 4/8/2016 3:44 PM ET

I read a lot of M/M because I'm finding it more difficult to find M/F books that don't include BDSM.  I don't mind a little mild but not the hardcore stuff.  

What authors should I be looking for?

Your help is appreciated! 

gingerkitty avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/8/2016 7:39 PM ET

Have you tried Jaci Burton's Play by Play series?  I'm reading one right now.  I've read them all acutally and no BDSM in them or menage, just M/F.  I'm not a sports fan either but I do like the books.

I've read a bunch of Cora Seton too.  Military or ex-military men but just M/F stuff too.

Lisa Marie Rice writes some good stuff too without the BDSM.

goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 4/8/2016 9:16 PM ET

Thanks for the recommendations, Sarah!   Somehow, I was equating Jaci Burton with Lora Leigh and didn't want to go there.  I've never even heard of Seton or Rice.  I'll check them all out.  

I found a free ebook by Cora Seaton so I downloaded it.  I don't know if it's erotica but I figure it's a great way to try her style of writing.  It's called The Cowboy's E-Mail Order Bride.  

Last Edited on: 4/8/16 9:31 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
gingerkitty avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/9/2016 10:47 AM ET

Yes, Cora Seton's got several freebies you can download.  It's more of a hot romance than erotica.  Lots of cowboys and former military guys.