A "consumer's bible" of information on household maintenance, appliance warranties, food shopping, health care, dealing with professionals, insurance, moving, your car, credit and banking, comsumer protection regulations and agencies, sources of state, federal, and industry help and more!
Have you ever been dissatisfied with a product but didn't know where to turn for action? Have you ever bought something with an unconditional guarantee, only to find out it's not quite unconditional? If you have, you are not alone.
The expert consumer tells you how you can:
1. Hold your own with landlords and moving companies.
2. Protect yourself and your family from unsafe food and other products.
3. Save money on food and prescription drugs.
4. Avoid being taken advantage of by doctors, dentists and lawyers.
5. Fight housing or credit discrimination.
6. Plus much more on appliances, your car, credit cards, banking, travel, insurance companies, the postal service, and fraudulent and deceptive advertising.