|Page: Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
This is where we post what we have to give away at no cost or obligation to the person receiving..... Please do not offer to pay the person sending the RAOK. That defeats the purpose of the RAOK. Pay it forward!
For our purposes, a Random Act of Kindness (to be referred to as a RAOK) is defined as something nice one PBS member does for another PBS member with no credits or money changing hands! The idea is for people to post items they are willing to send another member FREE of charge or credits (including shipping). This is a great way to make someone's day at the same time that you can declutter your house of things you no longer need/use but weren't sure you wanted to discard. NOTE: Some of us don't remember every member's nickname, so it is helpful to write that by your address label, when you send a RAOK, to make it easier for receiving members to thank you. Please REMEMBER to thank members as some items do get lost in mail and we want to know that our USPS is doing their job!
The way to do this, is to list items to this thread that you are willing to send as RAOKs the way we list damaged books/ARCs/etc. in the Book Bazaar, and make them first come, first serve. When an item has been spoken for, please cross it off or delete it from your post. You might want to show who got it but that's up to you. Just make sure you update as frequently as possible so that no one is disappointed. Please everyone just use one post each and keep it updated. NOTE: Before posting a ROAK, please check this month's *** I Wish thread to see if you are able to fill a members' Wish, first. This is especially true for Coke codes, boxtops for education, etc.
If you see something you'd like, PM the member with your address. To post things you are wishing for, see the *** Monthly I WIsh thread.*** And to keep these threads clean and easy to read, please use the ***Monthly Thank you thread*** to thank people for things you have received. Always let the members know, either in a PM or Thank You that you rec'd the item so they know it's not lost.
Obviously since RAOKs are free but cost the sender shipping, if you request a RAOK from someone and they aren't able to ship it for a while, please be patient! Please mark out items as they are taken so other members are not disappointed
If you have questions, please feel free to PM me and ask.
Sending my Coke Codes friends their codes Sending my Coupon friends their envelope. (if u haven't received ur Coke Codes please pm me)
(6) Get any (1) Milk-Bone Soft & Chewy or Healthy flavor dog snacks (up to 5.6oz) W/the Purchase of any (2) Milk-Bone dog snacks. Exp: 3/2/12
(3) Save $1.00 on any (1) bag of Mil's kitchen brand home style dog Treats. Exp: 3/17/12
(1) $1.50 off any (2) bags of Pup-Peroni dog snacks 4.8 oz or larger. Exp: 3/1/12
(2) Save $1.00 on any (2) Kellogg's Special K Cereal Bars, Special K Fruit Crisps and/or Kellogg's Special K Granola Bars. Exp: 3/18/12
ISO-Baby book deals: http://www.paperbackswap.com/ISO-Deals-Baby-Board-Books/topic/255230/
Do you have any of these books: http://www.paperbackswap.com/Books/topic/255098/
Last Edited on: 2/15/12 7:13 AM ET - Total times edited: 14
If you or one of your children play guitar and would like a guitar bookmark, pm me.
If you or one of your children are into airplanes and would like an airplane bookmark, pm me.
Books are all taken! Happy reading, everyone, and enjoy! :)
Last Edited on: 2/4/12 2:23 PM ET - Total times edited: 5
card for child to give a teacher-- "I miss you" for extended illnesses
orange ID holder from N. American Hunting club says "Preserve our hunting heritage"
ASPCA member sticker for window
World Wildlife Supporter sticker for window
TAKEN items: to Jamae in Guam-- two workbooks to use in her new classroom
To Jeanne C. in MI -- bookmarks for her senior book friends and some thank you notes
to Elona for grandson---an activity/coloring book about how we elect the President
to Yvonne S-- collection of over a dozen "weird pics" for her collection--- beautiful photos from an old datebook of Tiffany lamps, vases, and jewelry
to Connie B-- handmade "ghost" keychain
To April for care and share---set of cards
to my coupon buddies: Irene, Amy M., Lisa B, Marsha G, Yvonne, Jean F, and Dana S and to new recipients Jeanie P, Whitney B
sent to: Phyllis M in MN: mini patriotic bumper sticker --- says "Land of the Free Because of the Brave"
mailed Carnival Cruise postcards to Pat V (sheeplady) and Irene A.
Last Edited on: 2/23/12 3:39 PM ET - Total times edited: 15
I have Marlboro Cigarette coupons that came in the mail this week to give away. I have no idea why I seem to be on their mailing list~ no one smokes in my house. I'll give them to the first person who responds.
Last Edited on: 2/12/12 3:55 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
The library I work at was tossing some "Quilting Arts ' magazines. I grabbed them and am now offering two sets of three magazines.
First come first pick. pick the three you want and then the second person gets the other three.
The Quilting magazines are taken. I will be posting a few Antique magazines later today.
Last Edited on: 2/2/12 7:22 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
Here is what I have to share with you all this month:
* Unused postcards from my hometown of Annapolis, Maryland
Michaels Yarn Project Sheets
- 2012 Special Olympics USA Scarf Project: Heroic Stripes Knit Scarf
- 2012 Special Olympics USA Scarf Project: All-American Scart (to crochet)
- Aran and Lace Afghan
- Cabled Capelet
- Cuddly Bear Hoodie for child
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- Chevron Throw
- Knit Legwarmers
- Berry Sparkle Scarf
- Striped Crochet Throw
- Cozy Nook Throw
- Highland Gauntlets
- Shimmer Mesh Scarf
- One Piece Granny Throw
- Cabled Scarf
Michaels Craft Sheets
- Shibori & Accordion Rit Dyed T-shirts (ty dy technique)
- Caribbean Sunset (ty dy technique)
- Big Top Monket Tote (turning a plain tote bag stylish)
- Flirty Chef (making a plain apron fun)
- Peace of Art (turning a plain tote bag stylish)
- Fuzzy Eyeball Decor
- Rosy Outlook (making a plain duffle stylish)
- Love Jam (making a plain T-shirt stylish)
- Rit-Dyed Bird on a Branch Tote (turning a plain tote bag stylish)
- Mosaic Art
- Adhesive Dot Glitter Frame
Michaels Holiday Craft Sheets
- Duck Tape Halloween Costumes
- Halloween Metal Tombstones & Clips
- Halloween Bandits Party Set (crafts with flower pots)
- Halloween T-Shirt Costumes
- Halloween Styrpfoam Glitter Village
- Spooky Spiders Glassware
- Christmas Mini Clay Pot Tree and Snowman Ornaments
- Duck Tape Santa Suit Pail
- Christmas Candy Wreath
- Whimsical Elf Ornaments
- Christmas Project Variety Sheet
Let me know what project interests you.
Last Edited on: 2/6/12 9:06 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
3. 0.50 off any Carefree Acti-fresh product 20 ct or larger-expires 3-31
4. $1.00 off any 1 O.B. Product-expires 6-30
5. One set of four coupons for Dunkin Donuts-all for sandwiches expires 2-29
6. One coupon for Rue 21 starts March 8-March12-$15 off any $40 purchase or $30 off any $75 purchase
2. Several "I love Black Box Boxed Wine" magnets-you could cover these over I think for craft projects
3. One new Debbie Macomber bookmark
5. I can make 3 people a bookmark using various stickers that I have-can do one for kids as well--will have to know interests/hobbies
6. One new Harlequin Special Edition book "A cold creek secret" by RaeAnne Thayne--it has no ISBN so it can't be used on here later for credits
9.One bag of various button pins(each has various sayings or drawings on them)-must take the whole bag will not divide this-they are World's Biggest Leprechaun,Nobody does it better, Biloxi Beach Inn(lighthouse),Sun and Stars,Cetacean Research.
14. One new set of 3 mini button pins-all have a Peace design on them-one says Peace is Patriotic-will not separate the set
15. One new small navy blue pencil box that snaps down
17. One new credit card sized 2012 mini calendars-, second one says "When life gives you lemons make lemonade!
18. One new bookmark with the saying"Happiness is like Jam...you can't spread even a little,without getting some on yourself!"
As always, be patient with me when requesting items. Post office is on other side of town from where I live and I can't go to it every day. I have to make my trips count. Thanks.
Last Edited on: 2/26/12 10:20 AM ET - Total times edited: 14
Last Edited on: 2/12/12 5:53 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
I have a couple things to offer.
Happy February to all!
Last Edited on: 2/4/12 2:52 PM ET - Total times edited: 9
I have a 16 month (2009-10) calendar titled "Breathtaking Photographs of the Island of Maui". Pictures are suitable for framing or crafting. First PM
Last Edited on: 2/2/12 7:22 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Is anyone collecting pop tops from cans? I thought I had seen that in a request but can't find it. I have a small bag of them to send to first PM.
Last Edited on: 2/2/12 10:56 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
coupons: still available today 2-25-2012 ::::
ensure $3.00 exp 3-25-12
atkins bars $1.00 3-31-12
atkins shake $1.00 3-31-12
neosporin essentials $3.oo 3-31-12
southbeach diet bars $1,00 3-31-12
ecotrin $1.50 4-30-12
citrucel $1.50 4-30-12
oscal $1.50 4-30-12
tagmet/sominex,glyoxide $1.00 4-31-12
pediasure $2.00 3-31-12
i have a few of each..multiples... please send me your address when you PM me..THANKS
Last Edited on: 2/25/12 4:00 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
I have to give away :
Book: A Hunny POt Book Games To Play - Winnie the- Pooh. This book is a bit worn and has some staining.
PM me with any interest.
Last Edited on: 2/4/12 10:39 AM ET - Total times edited: 5
Thanks for looking!
Last Edited on: 2/4/12 8:40 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Last Edited on: 2/15/12 3:23 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Nostalgic Crochet, 20 projects Taken
Crochet Using Sweatshirts
Cross Stitch Patterns:
Shepherds Bush, "Oh Say"Taken
Shepherds Bush, "Home"taken
Shepherds Bush, "Wave"taken
Shepherds Bush, "Land That I Love"taken
Lady Liberty. Taken
Shepherds Bush, "Life and Liberty"taken
Bless This House (has been highlighted on the pattern, but you can still see the symbols)
. Taken Country Weather Vanes. Taken
Designs to cross stitch on pre-finished bags. Taken
Blue and White Ensemble cross stitch for decorative pillows. Taken
2 brochures with quilt patterns
3 mini quilt patterns and Annie doll pattern in one pkg, from Cotton Way
Bernina magazine, "Through the Needle", Issue 27
Last Edited on: 2/6/12 2:45 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
Below is a site for apron patterns. Vintage aprons are big now...........these could be vintage for your children. No, I don't make them, but you