Discussion Forums - Going Green Going Green

Topic: Fake Fireplace

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Subject: Fake Fireplace
Date Posted: 10/12/2013 4:56 PM ET
Member Since: 10/20/2012
Posts: 771
Back To Top

We have had a wood-burning fireplace for 23 years, and my husband loved it.  I had one too in our old family home.  Both of us grew up with fires going in the winter. Since my husband has had lung cancer, he can't tolerate the wood particulate in the air.  So, we have been forced to go green by purchasing a large screen TV to  place in front of our old fireplace.  I do like it.  It's beautiful.  It simulates fire and even blows out some warm air.  We donated our old wood to the elementary school to auction off.  Go green - but don't get lung cancer to get motivated! 

 

Judye / maysied

Date Posted: 11/7/2013 8:14 AM ET
Member Since: 9/30/2013
Posts: 8
Back To Top

Wow, it even blows warm air? That sounds really great! Is it a standard TV or a special one geared to look like a fireplace? I live in an apartment and miss the fireplace where my parents live. Always a good reason to visit though ;)