Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: February 2016!! What are we reading??

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Date Posted: 2/18/2016 6:43 PM ET

I finished Country Heaven and it didn't disappoint.  Around 3:30 am I started the Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal by KJ Charles.  I've been looking forward to this one for awhile!  And I've got a Jordan L. Hawk waiting in the wings but it's not listed here on PBS.  

Date Posted: 2/18/2016 7:37 PM ET

Hi,

I'm Betty and I love this book club. I got all the Maya Banks KGI series and I am reading them this week for the 2nd time. I'm wondering if anyone knows of other books similar to this series. I like the romance books with the Navy seals, special ops etc. I have never joined in a conversation and I just thought it would be nice to see if anyone has read any of these. Thanks, Betty

Date Posted: 2/18/2016 8:54 PM ET

Hi Betty!

Have you read the Suzanne Brockmann Troubleshooters series?  Full of yummy SEALS!!  The first is The Unsung Hero.  You can find the entire list here.  I'm sorry theyr'e not in chronological order.  There's also the SEALed series by Mary Margret Daughtridge.  I'm sure others can tell you even more! 

ETA:  If you click on any of the highlighted words, they'll take you to the books I've mentioned. 

Last Edited on: 2/18/16 8:55 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Date Posted: 2/18/2016 9:16 PM ET

Hi Betty!  I love the KGI series.  Well, there are good ones and bad ones but mostly they're good.

Try Shannon McKenna's McCloud & Friends series.  The first 6 or 7 are readily available and you can find them in Trade paperback size or the smaller Mass market paperback size, whichever you prefer.

Date Posted: 2/18/2016 10:58 PM ET

I just finished reading For Her Pleasure by Evangeline Anderson.  I have been on a sci-fi romance kick lately.  This one had been on my w/l for quite a while and I enjoyed reading it.  The story has some really funny moments and a HEA ending. 

Date Posted: 2/19/2016 9:22 AM ET

Hi Betty and welcome!

For some suggestions:

Rebecca Zanetti's Sin Brothers series.

Tonya Burrowes's Hornet series.

Kalea Cross's Titanium Security series

Nina Bruhn's Men in Uniform series

Elaine Levine's Red Team series

Any series by Cindy Gerard...they are all phenomenal and all military related. Her Black Ops series is my fav, but her One-Eyed jacks are creeping up there.

Shannon K Butcher's  Delta Force seris.

To name a few. Let me know if you need more. This are all contempary with no shifters or changers, that is a whole different genre. :-) I just read the entire Cynthia St. Aubin Mitilda Schmidt Paranormal Psychologist series. They were all cozy's and cute with a three way romance until the very last book.

Last Edited on: 2/19/16 9:28 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Date Posted: 2/19/2016 12:50 PM ET

Anne Marsh has several series with SEALs

When SEALs Come Home. (8 books/short stories) - this series is set in Strong (forget the state) and they have all become smoke jumpers and work wildfires.

SEALs of Discovery Island (3 books)

Date Posted: 2/20/2016 3:11 PM ET

I read Fish Stick Fridays by Rhys Ford. I liked it. 

Date Posted: 2/20/2016 6:06 PM ET

Larkspur Road. was a very nice read.

Read an older Elizabeth Lowell Only You and enjoyed it.  

Also read Mary Jo Putney's No longer a gentleman.  

Working on 2 right now Burrowes 'Thomas' and Sophie Barnes 'The scandal in kissing an Heir'

Date Posted: 2/21/2016 2:28 PM ET

I liked Thomas Renee, just I hated how he treated Theresa at times, his sister. I loved her story though.

Date Posted: 2/24/2016 10:19 AM ET

Enjoyed Burrowes and yes, Thomas's treament of his sister were pretty awful.   I Have Theresa's story on my WL :)

Barnes's Scandal was Reposted as an egh.

Working on  Regency Christmas Wishes a 5/1, so far Very good but then it did start off with Metzger, one of my fav authors.

Date Posted: 2/24/2016 12:33 PM ET

I finished Dancer of Death by Jordan L. Hawk last night (not listed here).  It was good but I felt disconnected from the first.  Then I discovered she has two SPECTR series out.  While they're the same characters, I read book one in Series One, and the one I just finished is book two in Series Two.  No wonder I didn't remember any but the main characters!  I was thinking I wasn't going to read anymore because of that but now I have to figure out if I want to finish Series One.  

Date Posted: 2/24/2016 4:20 PM ET

I read Joanna Shupe's Tycoon. It is a kick off of a new series book and small format, so she packed a lot of info in with the romance. The ILYs came quick, but it was ok the next story looks pretty promising.

Date Posted: 2/27/2016 12:23 PM ET

In the midnight hour by Kimberly Raye.  Good story, reminded me of a much worse version titled the Brass Bed by Stevenson and a sexy hunk of a Ghost trapped in a bed ;) The ending was great!

By Winters light by Laurens.  this was so slow and dare I say it BORING a definet repost. I used to really enjoy a Laurens but this and a few others are making me rethink her newer stuff.

Street Smart by Tara Quinn.  this touched on the topic of trafficing in babys and is a bit sad.  ok other wise.

Unlocked by Courtney Milan  Going on the keeper shelf.

Twilight by Kristen Heitzmann.  This was pretty good with a religious theme involving addictions and battleing your way out from guilt and self doubt.  This firefigher theme romance was nice.

Date Posted: 2/29/2016 11:29 AM ET

2 More for February

A Seal at heart by Anne Elizabeth.  Good reading.

How to Plan a Wedding for a Royal Spy by Vanessa Kelly.  ok read by way too long.

Date Posted: 3/1/2016 12:29 AM ET

I finished out February with F#ck Love by Tarryn Fisher. This was decent, I really enjoyed Helena and her quirky inner dialogue.

Also I finished What Happens After by Portia Moore. Didn't love this one at all. Glad I only paid 99 cents for it. 

Date Posted: 3/1/2016 2:57 PM ET

I finished several small ebooks by Kerrigan Byrne and also finished Anna Lee Huber's The Anatomist's Wife and I really enjoyed it. It is a historical mystery with a future romance built into it. Really well done and I am eager to get the next one in the series. I am currently reading Maya Rodale's Lady Bridget's Diary and so far it has been cute...cause the Americans are coming!!

Page: