Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Mystery & Thrillers

Topic: February! Reading something by an author you LOVE?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
quiltpurple avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/22/2017 7:27 PM ET

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALICE

vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/22/2017 8:00 PM ET

Happy Birthday, Alice!!

geejay avatar
Geri (geejay) -
Member of the Month medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 2/22/2017 11:54 PM ET

Happy Birthday, Alice!!

smiley

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/23/2017 7:43 AM ET

Thank you ladies I had a great day.

bkydbirder avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/23/2017 8:52 AM ET

Alice......

Image result for belated birthday wishes

beanie5 avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 2/23/2017 10:20 AM ET

Dear Alice --- Belated birthday wishes from me as well --- Hope your day was "readingly" wonderful!!!

Last Edited on: 2/23/17 6:44 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
retiredteacher avatar
Member of the Month medal
Date Posted: 2/23/2017 10:30 AM ET

Well darn, I put my birthday wishes yesterday in the cozy mystery discussion thread Alice as I thought you would look there first. Hope it was a fun day for you! smiley

Finished War and Peach, another enjoyable book in that series. Waiting to see in the next book how Nola will do with her new life changing adventure and it has nothing to do with romance.

Starting Blown Away by Clover Tate a new Kite Shop series. No animal on the cover.

beanie5 avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 2/23/2017 7:22 PM ET

Doing a small little happy dance --- the search function now works on my wishlist!!!  I know that may not seem worthy of a happy dance, but if I find a good deal on a Kindle book, I like to check my wishlist and delete the book. 

Reading something by Aaron Elkins, not his archeaologist series, but this is a man who works for a museum and he is in Germany looking for a fake painting!!!  It is pretty good.  It fits somewhere in some Challenge about counterfeiting or some such.

geejay avatar
Geri (geejay) -
Date Posted: 2/24/2017 3:40 AM ET

Becky is that the Chris Norgren series?  Sad he only wrote three of them.  I liked Chris.  Have you read his series he wrote with his wife.  Or maybe it's the series his wife wrote with him.  :)  A lady golfer.  A bit heavy on the golf but a nice series.

beanie5 avatar
Date Posted: 2/24/2017 9:01 AM ET

Geri  --- Yes Chris Norgren is the main character in the book I am reading.  Have not read any of his about golf!!!

Was 86 degrees here yesterday, broke records all over the state.  This morning it is 40!!! Might get down to 30 in 2 days.  All of the quince, forsythia, and those beautiful magnolias with the huge pink blossoms that preceed the leaves are all in full bloom, as well as crocus and all the trees budding out for leaves!!!  Hate to see them get frozen and have to put forth the energy to come back again.  Stupid weather!!!

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/25/2017 9:11 AM ET

I am reading Turbo Twenty-Three (Stephanie Plum, Bk 23) :: Janet Evanovich

They are all about the same, but a quick fun read.

Alice

geejay avatar
Geri (geejay) -
Date Posted: 2/25/2017 12:58 PM ET

I keep saying not going to read another Stephanie and then I fall victim to the next.  They are all about the same but by golly I can still remember parts of the first one.  My mom and I would mention something about it whenever we read the latest.

I finished The Substitute / Denise Grover Swank.  No murders but a romance, a theft and of course a HEA, first of a series.  My Kindle said it would take five hours to read and I really don't know if it did but I did read it yesterday!  I want bokk #2, nuf said.  :)

vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/25/2017 4:03 PM ET

I finished "Live and Let Die" the latest Melanie Travis by Laurien Berenson.  Love this series.  Almost makes me want to go out and get a poodle.  Almost. :) Now I am reading "The Chocolate Bunny Brouhaha" by JoAnna Carl.  This is the 16th book in this Chocoholic Lovers series. These are quick, fun reads. 

We had a lot of fog last night and into early afternoon.  Which is great because nothing gets rid of snow faster than fog.  I'm just sitting here and noticing I can no longer see a huge snowbank out of my window.  Something to celebrate for sure!

quiltpurple avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/25/2017 6:22 PM ET

I think I have a new favorite non cozy mystery author.  I have discovered the Andy Carpenter books by David Rosenfelt and I absolutely love them.  Becky sent me the first one and I just finished the second one which I got from the library.  Now going to check if they have the third one and put it on reserve. 

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 2/26/2017 9:15 AM ET

Good Morning

For anyone who needs a BC book for the Historical Mystery challenge I have an extra copy of City of the Horizon :: Anton Gill that I will send out for free. Just pm me. I ordered two from thrift books by mistake.

Page: