Friend's Email: Subject:I have found a book that I think you would enjoy
Foundations and Clinical Applications of Nutrition - Text Only
Foundations and Clinical Applications of Nutrition - Text Only Author:Michele Grodner Foundations and Clinical Applications of Nutrition: A Nursing Approach emphasizes the role of nutrition in health promotion, primary prevention, and clinical disease states, with an in-depth analysis of the USDAs Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005 and MyPyramid Food Guidance System. The dynamic author team utilizes a conversational writing st... more »yle and a variety of learning features to apply information to the clinical setting.
* The Nursing Approach case studies in each chapter reinforce the nursing process as it relates to the content area.
* Applying Content Knowledge and Critical Thinking/Clinical Applications case studies reinforce and apply nutrition principles to real-world situations.
* Cultural Considerations boxes discuss various eating patterns related to ethnicity and religion to provide a global approach to nutrition.
* Health Debate and Social Issue boxes introduce timely topics and help separate popular media claims from academic research.
* Teaching Tool boxes provide tips and guidance to apply when educating patients.
* An emphasis on health promotion and primary prevention stresses the adoption of a healthy diet and lifestyle to enhance quality of life.« less