Discussion Forums - Chick Lit Chick Lit

Topic: Free Book Friday

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Date Posted: 5/2/2009 4:08 PM ET

I just won an Emily Giffin book on GoodReads.com :) Still no luck on FBF though :(

Date Posted: 5/2/2009 10:01 PM ET

Haha. I just read the details and found out Giffin's publisher decided to give a book to everyone who entered... so I'm not as lucky as I thought, but at least I still get the book :)

Date Posted: 5/2/2009 11:51 PM ET

Is the GoodReads contest thing the same as the FBF? Or do they pester you with a lot of spam, etc? If not, I would be interested to enter into the GR one too!

Date Posted: 5/3/2009 1:17 PM ET

You can register to get ARC on that site to review - they base winners on random drawing + activity on the site + how well the book fits your genres... so if you wanted to add your books to that site you would have a good chance of getting some ARCs :)

Subject: I just won an Emily Giffin book on GoodReads.com :)
Date Posted: 5/15/2009 6:07 PM ET

I just won an Emily Giffin book on GoodReads.com :)  Do I need to do anything or will it just arrive?  Would this book be considered an ARC?

Question:   When I entered the contest, I thought it was because I read something about it here in the forums.  Thought someone had said if you don't want to put your address you could enter only your pbs email or nickname..  am I imagining this, or possibly confusing it with Free Book Friday, another site I read about here.  Thank you by the way for sharing these sites.

Last Edited on: 5/15/09 6:07 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Date Posted: 5/15/2009 10:11 PM ET

You had to enter your address when you entered the giveaway on Goodreads :) It is not an ARC because it has already been released!

I think you are thinking of the PBS member was giving away a book on her blog, she allowed us to just put our PBS name.

Date Posted: 5/16/2009 2:19 PM ET

I don't know if anyone else does this, but pretty much every book they list on FBF, I am adding to my WL! It's a great way to hear about books that I want to read (and they ALL seem to be big winners to me!).

Page: