Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Getting emails from PBS

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IndulgeYourself avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Getting emails from PBS
Date Posted: 5/10/2018 6:55 PM ET

Can anyone tell me what to put in my settings so that when a PBS member sends me a message, I will get an email sent to my gmail account letting me know I have a message?  I used to get those all the time so I could respond in a timely manner back to a member. Now, I have to actually go into my account on the PBS site and see the little red number by my "messages" tab in order to see I have one. I did not change any of my settings but I'm thinking maybe PBS did?? I've gone into my settings and can't figure out what needs to be changed.

hardtack avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 5/10/2018 10:25 PM ET

On the main screen, under My Account, click on Settings, then go down to E-mail Settings. Select only the ones you don't want to receive.

kilchurn avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal10th Anniversary PBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 5/11/2018 8:24 AM ET

Hi Marilyn,

Gmail could have also marked the PBS messages as spam, so be sure to check your spam folder.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 5/11/2018 9:02 PM ET

I have a gmail accont and all of my PBS emails are now going to the Junk/Spam folder.  This just started within the last couple of weeks and I have tried everything I can find to try to get them not marked as Junk/Spam without success so I've resigned myself to just checking that folder to see if I have any PBS emails. 

IndulgeYourself avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/12/2018 9:29 AM ET

Thanks everyone for your replies!  Tibben, you were right - I have gmail and all of my pbs emails were sent to my spam folder, which never happened before. I marked all of them as "not spam" so I'm hoping any new ones will not get sent there. If you have time, someone send me a message today so I can see if I get notified of it.