Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Chick Lit Chick Lit

Topic: Help me find a Chick Lit series

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
crysstine avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Help me find a Chick Lit series
Date Posted: 12/31/2010 4:02 PM ET

Hey, I'm doing a challenge on another website (Goodreads, in case you care cheeky). One of the books we have to read needs to be a chick lit book from a series. I've read all of Sophie Kinsella and all of Meg Cabot (to give you an idea of what I like). If I have to I'll do a reread, the challenge doesn't require us to read all new books, but I'd like to maybe try someone new. I do not like books with depressing endings, just FYI. 

Thanks!

pinksparkleme avatar
Date Posted: 12/31/2010 4:27 PM ET

I like the Evie series from Beth Ciotta. Starts with Everybody Loves Evie. 

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 12/31/2010 8:08 PM ET

It's been years since I read them, but I liked the Slightly series by Wendy Markham.  The first one was Slightly Single. If you like Chick lit mysteries, the Rachel Benjamin series by Jennifer Sturman were also good (starts with the Pact) and the Sophie Katz series by Kyra Davis are good, too.  If I can think of others, I'll add those, too.

Happy new year, everyone!

crysstine avatar
Date Posted: 1/1/2011 1:08 PM ET

Excellent suggestions! They all sound interesting. Thanks Brandi and Rachel!

sandi00 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/3/2011 11:09 PM ET

You might check the Little Lady series by Hester Browne.  Loooooove Hester Browne!  Lotta fun & good British ChickLit! The first one is Little Lady Agency, then comes Little Lady Big Apple, then Little Lady Agency and the Prince.

Kristalo avatar
Subject: Robyn Carr
Date Posted: 1/12/2011 11:40 AM ET

If you haven't pikced one yet, try the Virgin River series by Robyn Carr. I love them! She is really great at keeping "old" characters in the new books, so you never lose track of old friends!

books4meme avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 1/15/2011 12:59 PM ET

I would have to agree with the Evie series by Beth Ciotta.  Read them last summer, very entertaining.  I have read two books by Lisa Kleypas, it's a three book series.  Sugar Daddy & Blue Eyed Devil, haven't read the last in the series yet.  I really like her style of writing.  Hope the Kleypas books are chick lit!  I am never quite sure of the definition of what makes a book chick lit!

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: chicklit series
Date Posted: 1/24/2011 9:28 AM ET

Crystal maybe you should try  Jane Mansell books, Nora Roberts or Elin Hilderbrand books.... they are pretty good.  I have them all on my TBR.

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Chick Lit Series
Date Posted: 5/10/2013 10:33 AM ET

I would strongly suggest Kristen Ashley's ROCK CHICK series.!!!! ITS THE BEST

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 7/7/2013 11:24 AM ET

Loved the Virgin River series too.  Janet Chapman has a Highlander series that was very good.