Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: Historical Romance Books to Consider for your Wish List

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
tburns0214 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/7/2017 2:48 PM ET

Our summer is probably going to be unbearable since we only had 3 days of winter.  It's frigging 87 today. 

Jerseygirltoo avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/7/2017 3:18 PM ET

I also just renewed my membership this week. I almost never buy new paperbacks, and I don't have Amazon Prime like some people. So I figure my book habit is pretty cheap, I've got PBS plus Scribd plus those .99 e-book specials. I love the group of fellow-swappers I've got to know here. Also, this is where I keep track of what books I have and haven't read, so I really can't give it up!

Jerseygirltoo avatar
Date Posted: 2/7/2017 3:20 PM ET

And Terrie B., I am hoping for one decent snowfall here in New Jersey. It just doesn't feel like winter without it! Ironically I saw more snow last month when I was on vacation in southern California. It was off in the distance, on the mountains, but still!

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Snow! Snow!
Date Posted: 2/7/2017 3:31 PM ET

It's snowing again here in Eastern Oregon!  Big, Fat fluffy flakes!  

On another note, just received "You May Kiss the Bride" by Lisa Berne from Avon Books, won through GoodReads!  It's rare that I win anything, so to have 2 winners in a row...Amazing!  I'm not complaining tho!

Sandi :) smiley

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/7/2017 3:40 PM ET

OK.  I'm going to re-up now.  I'm so glad you ladies are going to stay...

Regina, Wisconsin has winter (this year hasn't been bad) but it also has Spring, Summer and Fall which are all really nice!

Now, if I could just make sure my bees have made it through, I would be happy.

Sue

jayelsee avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/12/2017 2:24 PM ET
Wilde in Love :: Eloisa James (aka "Wilde at Heart).  First in new series set in Georgian period

Last Edited on: 2/12/17 2:24 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
gingerkitty avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/12/2017 8:07 PM ET

Speaking of Harlequins, they have a fabulous program called MyRewards.  No purchase necessary, you just join and earn points for things like filling out a profile about you and what you like to read.  They have activities on their Facebook page (you don't have to be a Facebook member to do those either) plus things posted on their MyRewards site that earn you reward points.

Once you get 2000 points, you can get a coupon for a free ebook from Harlequin.  Or, save up to 5000 points and get a coupon for a free print book.  They post new activities once or twice a week.  Things like a survey or click thru to a blog or answer a question about a book.  You also get rewards points for reviewing books and purchasing books--both ebook and paper books.  It's super-easy to earn the points and I end up getting 2000 points at least every month, sometimes sooner.

Before you say, well, I don't read Harlequins, you can also buy Carina Press titles and Avon titles in ebook form from Harlequin.  The ebook coupons are good for any ebook up to $8.99 so it's a great deal.  I know people that have never spent any money at Harlequin and just get free ebooks from them thru this program. 

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Question
Date Posted: 2/24/2017 2:03 PM ET

Can you sort your wish list by "estimate"?  It won't let me do that anymore...  Or "position".

Sue

virgosun avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/24/2017 2:15 PM ET

Sue, the functions in the WL have not been working for several weeks now. The help desk has been working on it. I can't do a regular search within it, either.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/24/2017 4:13 PM ET

Thanks, Regina.  I thought I was losing my mind. 

Are you moved?  All settled?

Sue

tjrj1988 avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/25/2017 6:27 PM ET

Yay!  Thanks for asking a question that has been making me crazy, Sue.  Thought it was just me!

Jan

virgosun avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/25/2017 8:55 PM ET

Well, ladies, you'll never guess where I ended up. Okay, maybe you will because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that after almost two years up and down this great state of Oregon, I'm back in beautiful Ashland. It took me that long to realize that the grass is not greener on the other side, that I'm not necessarily missing out on anything or that life is passing me by. I got tired of looking for a needle in a haystack when all along it was in my hand. 

Whew.

I'm in temp lodging for the next two months, which gives me ample time to find a permanent place. Not much longer before I'm reunited with my stuff that's been languishing in storage (now a four hours' drive due north). Lots of times, I just laugh at myself and consider myself one lucky gal. I've learned a lot about myself and had plenty of lessons in resiliency, patience, flexibility, and courage.

Now, where's my book?

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/25/2017 10:51 PM ET

Regina,

How smart of you to figure it out!  I can't imagine starting over.  But even starting over, you are where you belong.

Good luck getting settled.

Sue

Jerseygirltoo avatar
Date Posted: 2/25/2017 10:56 PM ET

Good news, Regina!  I've figured out that moving is the best way to pare down your possessions, and get rid of all the extra junk you didn't need anyway. Not the books though, keep the books!

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Debra Holland
Date Posted: 2/26/2017 5:14 PM ET

Do any of you read her Montana Sky series?  I just discovered that I have 2 copies of her 3rd book in the series, Stormy Montana Sky.  Her books are traded less than Grace Burrowes' books.  If any one wants this extra copy. let me know.  1 credit.

Sue

Cali avatar
Cali (Cali) -
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medal
Date Posted: 2/26/2017 11:36 PM ET

Regina - just tap your shoes together now & repeat "There's no place like home!" wink We're never to old to learn girl! 

virgosun avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/7/2017 12:24 AM ET

No Other Duke Will Do (Windham Brides)
Author: Grace Burrowes

tburns0214 avatar
Subject: Searching by Author
Date Posted: 3/7/2017 8:32 AM ET

I'm having a really hard time searching for upcoming books by my authors.  I.E. - Molly Harper.  You type it in and nothing shows up.  No suggestions either.  Is it my computer or has the system changed?

warbler43 avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: RE: Searching by Author
Date Posted: 3/7/2017 8:52 AM ET

Hi Terrie B.  

I just did a search for my favorite author, Sabrina Jeffries.  Same thing, nothing came up.  I did a search for book title and again, nothing came up.  The only way I got anything to come up was to use the ISBN code.  Obviously the system has a hiccup or something.  

tburns0214 avatar
Date Posted: 3/7/2017 8:57 AM ET

Thanks Karen.  I got a new computer and it all seemed to happen the same day - the hiccup and my set up. Glad it's the system and not my new PC.  Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon.  Have a Great Day!

warbler43 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/7/2017 9:20 AM ET

I checked the forem and found a thread talking about the problem.  Happened when PBS did an upgrade or something and it didn't work with the search program.  Still not fixed and it's been going on for about 2 months, at least.

Page: