Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: Historical Romance E-book Freebies (And Cheapies!), Get Yours Here!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Date Posted: 9/10/2017 9:07 PM ET

Thanks, I've pre-ordered it! 

I also forgot to post here that Theresa Romain's book, Passion Favors The Bold is on sale for .99.

And One Upon a Duke by Eva Devon is free!  Her books are quite entertaining.

Last Edited on: 9/10/17 9:07 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Subject: Elizabeth Boyce collection
Date Posted: 9/21/2017 11:02 AM ET

There is a series of books by Elizabeth Boyce called The Honorables on sale at Amazon.

I think it's 4 full novels, plus 1 novella, so that's a great bargain for $2.99. if you're a fan of her writing. I haven't read them yet, but the individual books all got excellent reviews. They are "Honor Among Thieves", "Duty Before Desire", "Valor Under Siege", "Truth Within Dreams" and "Love Beyond Measure".

Last Edited on: 9/21/17 11:03 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Cali (Cali) -
Subject: Elizabeth Boyce series The Honorables
Date Posted: 10/7/2017 1:33 AM ET

Elizabeth Boyce series The Honorables

Available in August, still no reviews though? Anyone read them? If so, please PM me if you recommend. Thank you! Happy fall! smiley

Cali (Cali) -
Subject: Lord Rogue FREEBIE
Date Posted: 11/4/2017 4:50 AM ET

Lord Rogue: Rogue's & Desperado's     5*- 4 
Patricia Rice

FREE for a limited time only! 

Subject: Captain Lacey Mysteries
Date Posted: 12/5/2017 11:30 PM ET

Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries Volume One Kindle Edition
by Ashley Gardner (Author),‎ Jennifer Ashley (Author) - "boxed set" on sale for $.99 :

The Hanover Square Affair (full-length novel)
   A Regimental Murder (full-length novel)
   The Glass House (full-length novel)
   The Gentleman’s Walking Stick (two short stories

Subject: Adele Clee-free books
Date Posted: 12/8/2017 3:02 PM ET

Free on Amazon until December 12th: A Simple Case of Seduction by Adele Clee

While looking at her other books, I noticed another one I picked up for free last year, and it's still free! To Save a Sinner

Definitely worth a try, romance with some mystery.

Last Edited on: 12/8/17 3:02 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Subject: Adele Clee
Date Posted: 12/8/2017 3:27 PM ET

Thanks for the heads-up on this author.  She is new-to-me.  I picked up both freebies to give her a try.

Subject: Another good freebie!
Date Posted: 12/10/2017 4:12 PM ET

I got this one a few years ago, and I see it's again being offered for free: Heaven In His Arms by Lisa Ann Verge.

This historical has an unusual setting, on the Canadian frontier in the 1600's(or maybe early 1700's). If you like Early American frontier stories, like Pamela Clare's Surrender/Untamed/Defiant trilogy, you'll probably like this one. It's fast-moving, with a lot of adventure.

Last Edited on: 12/10/17 4:12 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Cali (Cali) -
Subject: FREEBIES! =)
Date Posted: 12/15/2017 1:46 PM ET

FREEBIES on Kindle!

Wallflower                                        Seducing the Bride
Catherine Gayle           and                Michelle McMaster

Subject: Happy New Year!
Date Posted: 1/1/2018 3:10 PM ET

I wish everybody a great year of reading!

A Dangerous Madness

by Michelle Diener is free on Amazon, and it's a great book!  A Regency era spy plot. 

Last Edited on: 1/1/18 3:10 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Subject: Free Book
Date Posted: 1/1/2018 3:27 PM ET

Hi Ladies!

Happy New Year to each and everyone of you here on this board!

Karin: Thanks for the info about A Dangerous Madness.  I checked my TBR list and couldn't find it, so I clicked your link and Amazon told me I 'bought' it in Feb '17.  I did get it free at that time but I forgot to post it in my TBR spreadsheet.  DUH..wonder how I'd ever know I had a book to read if I didn't post it.  Anyway, I am surprised at how expensive the other 2 books are.  Over $11 for each and that's Kindle.  The paperbacks are even higher.  She has lots of good reviews on this book, but never having heard of the author before, does she really command and recieve that much for her books?  Even Eloisa James doesn't charge that much for her books!  I'm ranting now, so forgive me.  I just dislike seeing prices in double digits for books that are not by top-of-the-line authors and/or hardcovers.  Maybe that's just me, but it is just my rant.

Love to you all and wishes for a successful, happy and productive new year!  Stay warm wherever you are.  Here in Michigan, we are living in a deep freeze right now and temps will remain in low double digits to single digits and below zero temps as well for at least another week.  Hope the skies are cloudy...that helps keep it warmer on the ground.  Hope the lakes freeze over completely very soon and maybe the Lake Effect snow machine will slow down.  Gotta love Mother Nature!

OK, I'm done!

Karen Haas

Date Posted: 1/1/2018 7:40 PM ET

Yes, she is expensive, I'm not sure why, maybe it has to do with the publisher? But if you're patient you can wait for them to go on sale, I've read them all, and one or two I got from the library. She's also got a bunch of cheaper priced fantasy and sci-fi books which I haven't tried. 

It's frigid here in New Jersey too. Let's hope for more weather in the double digits and book prices in the single digits! 

Date Posted: 1/1/2018 8:27 PM ET

I agree....higher temps and lower prices!

Subject: Liz Carlyle
Date Posted: 1/12/2018 9:38 PM ET

A Deal With the Devil by Liz Carlyle is .99 at Amazon. She writes quality books, and although I'm sure I read this many years ago, I decided to pick it up again for a reread.

Last Edited on: 1/12/18 9:38 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Subject: Liz Carlyle
Date Posted: 1/13/2018 12:37 AM ET

I love Liz Carlyle's writing.  I still have about 9 or 10 of her books on my TBR shelf that I've never read.  She hasn't written anything for a long, long time.  I just checked her website and it says she has retired. That's too bad...I really like her work.

Date Posted: 1/13/2018 9:55 AM ET

I miss her too, Karen. Some author's quality goes down over the years, or they get too silly or repetitive. But her books were always so well done and emotionally intense. After writing many books about a connected group of characters for a long time, she started a new series with "One Touch of Scandal", which is a great book. If you haven't read that one, I recommend it. That one, and The Bride Wore Scarlet and The Bride Wore Pearls are all on sale.

Date Posted: 1/13/2018 10:10 AM ET

I have all three of the Carlyle books you mentioned on my ever-growing TBR shelves.  I pulled out an old Elizabeth Boyle book (How I Met My Countess) to read after I'm done with my current book.  Maybe I'll switch out for some Liz Carlyle instead!  So Many Choices, So Little Time!

Subject: Free-today only!
Date Posted: 2/14/2018 2:09 PM ET

In honor of Valentine's Day and Ash Wednesday, today only, Rose Lerner is giving away copies of her book, "True Pretenses" (the hero's name is Ash)

You can get it via Instafreebie: https://instafreebie.com/free/Ign1Q

Page: