Basically gives single woman a much needed reality check. How hormones affect mood and why a woman feels closer to a man after sex, even to the point of feeling he is the one she should marry.
So, what will you find?
Ideas for how to raise your standards so you can reach for love...
- A Sex Glossary - the reality of the situation
- What do you do when your clock is ticking...FAST?
- Why having sex like a man might not be as freeing as originally assumed.
- How to survive all your friend's weddings while you patiently look for Mr. Right
- Why men chase and retreat - most entertaining!
- How you can overcome an addiction to love - useful and encouraging information.
- Why you should dump the dude and prepare for your prince...
Any guy who writes a book titled, "She Comes First," must know what he's talking about, and that appears to be the case here. It's kind of sad to admit that a lot of what Kerner discusses in this book is spot on. We have lowered our standards. We do tend to settle for the "in the meantime," rather than be alone.
Some takeaway quotes:
- What is the point of dating someone if he doesn't make you feel great?
- What is the point of casual sex if the sex part isn't any good?
- Dating "in the meantime" is wasted time. Someday is right now. Life is too precious to get stuck in an endless cycle of meantimers who will never, ever wind up with you in the here and now.
Camille W. reviewed Be Honest--You're Not That Into Him Either : Raise Your Standards and Reach for the Love You Deserve on + 3 more book reviews
Helpful Score: 2
Good book for the modern woman. I bought it as a gift for someone going through a breakup with a guy she really wasn't that into. It talks about the decisions women make and what plays into them, as well as the changes society has gone through as women have become more assertive. Thought provoking in places and funny.
Very helpful information on why women settle for something less than what they are truly looking for in life.
I felt like the author really wants to help women understand why they deserve better-so many books are aimed at how we can attract him, how can we keep him-when the question is, do we truly want to in the first place?!
At the same time, the author doesn't preach about how bad we are for past mistakes-but merely tries to give us information on how we can make informed and smart choices when it comes to dating and finding love.