|Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
I'm hoping some of you can help me with a school project that I am working on for one of my classes. I am writing an expository essay on homeschooling and would like some feedback for the essay. It is only general questions, and I appreciate any help you are willing to give.
1. What are the reasons that you originally began homeschooling your children?
2. What curriculum do you use?
3. How do you "socialize" your children? (I know, a loaded question, but as this is one of the top misconceptions of non-homeschoolers, it is good to let them know.)
4. What are the basic state regulations for your state? Would you like to see your legislation changed in any way?
5. Do you have any comments that I can include in my paper, if applicable? If so, can I use your name, and please give your name for the paper?
Again, thanks for any help that you can offer me. I will be happy to post a link to my paper when it is finished.
As the account holder, I am a 36 yo female in the process of getting my associates degree in business. The class is an essay writing class, and we were able to choose a topic in education among other topics. Since I homeschool my children, I thought I would do it to dispel some of the misconceptions that the general public has about the homeschool community.
If you would prefer to answer the questions off board, please feel free to PM them to me. If you do not give your name, that is fine, I specifically want the statistics on the reasons, laws, curriculum, and socialization.
Dawn P. - AAFB Student at University of Phoenix