Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Hotmail/Outlook email users! (And anyone else with email reception issues)

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 3/9/2019 9:54 AM ET

The thing is..it would be odd to have this problem through hotmail since it works sporadically,  PBS is a safe sender and I sent in a report and PBS isnt blocked..

classicana avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Coordinator medal
Date Posted: 3/9/2019 12:15 PM ET

No doubt that's true, Sarah...  it has to be discouraging, though.  sad

soelo avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/10/2019 11:00 AM ET

As an update, I added the PBS addresses to my contacts as instructed and I did get an email today.

hardtack avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/12/2019 11:26 AM ET

I use Gmail, and today I didn't receive my Daily Digest. However, I used yesterday's Digest to log onto the site and see today's Digest. Makes me wonder if Gmail is once again stopping the PBS mail. I did receive a post this morning from PBS telling me a book was received by the requestor. But it was time-stamped last night after 11 pm. The Digest is usually sent in the early morning. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

hardtack avatar
Date Posted: 3/13/2019 10:31 AM ET

Today, I received a book request, but, once again, not the digest. Club Communications has the Digest sent for the past several days. I have both PBS addresses in my Gmail Address book, as I did years ago.  Seems funny I'm receiving other alerts and not the Digest. I double checked my Digiest request and it is still active.

I logged on to  Gmail to see if there was someplace there I needed to look. Digest was not in spam on Gmail or on my Thunderbird software. Any ideas?

hardtack avatar
Date Posted: 3/15/2019 9:26 AM ET

Actually received a Digest today. Hope it keeps up.

hardtack avatar
Date Posted: 3/16/2019 11:43 AM ET

Yesterday was a fluke. No Digest today. It's in my Club Communications listing, but didn't get i in Gmail.

Last Edited on: 3/21/19 8:21 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 3/21/2019 4:44 PM ET

Hotmail users..back to no emails. We have to figure thisout..it can't be hotmail arbitrarily stopping mail for  a few days then suddenly not..I never had this issue before!

hardtack avatar
Date Posted: 3/22/2019 3:24 AM ET

We have to figure thisout..it can't be hotmail arbitrarily stopping mail for  a few days then suddenly not

The same thing is happening in Gmail. I'll go several days without a Digest, than one will come through.

bookbuggg avatar
Date Posted: 3/22/2019 7:40 AM ET

So what is it? I first thought it was the ISP but now I dont think so. 

charliedog avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 3/22/2019 10:39 AM ET

I received my wish list and digest again for about 10 days.  Then this morning, nothing.  I've checked everkything in my hotmail and it's not that.  I can also access both wish list and digest from the previous day but hate having to constantly logging into account to check for messages.

hardtack avatar
Date Posted: 3/24/2019 10:48 AM ET

Received my Digest today, but not on the 21-22-23. Yet Club Communications shows them sent.

hardtack avatar
Date Posted: 3/27/2019 5:43 PM ET

I'm on Gmail and I received a Digest on the 26th, but not today---the 27th.   This receiving a Digest once every three or four days, when a new Digest is posted to my account every day doesn't sound like a Gmail problem. I receive all the other PBS e-mail too. Something is eerie with PBS

Eerie (def) uncanny, sinister, ghostly, spectral, unnatural, unearthly, preternatural, supernatural, otherworldly, unreal, mysterious, strange, abnormal, odd, curious, queer, weird, bizarre, freakish;
frightening, spine-chilling, hair-raising, blood-curdling, scaring, terrifying, petrifying, chilling;
eldritch

Last Edited on: 3/27/19 5:44 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
bookbuggg avatar
Date Posted: 3/27/2019 8:12 PM ET

At this point, I'm all for calling in Mulder and Scully 

hardtack avatar
Date Posted: 4/4/2019 8:40 AM ET

After going several days without a Digest, I've now received it three days in a row. Problem solved? I hope so. I use Gmail.

hardtack avatar
Date Posted: 4/7/2019 9:18 AM ET

I received the Digest four days in a row, and now two days without? Is there a gremlin in the Internet?

Page: