Household Managment Book One Author:Alyce-Kay Garrett Level: 4-12 years. — Want to teach your child responsibility? — Need help with the housework? — Want an opportunity for quality time with your children? — The book you are holding will help with all three! An introduction to basic chores, Household Management Book One will help your child master chores in these areas: — * Bedroom (Making the bed, kee... more »ping drawers & closets organized, straightening the floor)
* Kitchen (Setting & clearning the table, rinsing/washing dishes and putting them away, sweeping & mopping the kitchen floor)
* Common Rooms (Straightening, dusting, vacuuming)
* Bathroom (Cleaning the sink, tub, toilet, and floor... even changing the toilet paper!)
* Outside (Cleaning out the car, cleaning yards, taking out trash)
* Caring for Pets (Feeding, watering, cleaning, grooming)
* Laundry (Putting clothes in the hamper; sorting, washing & drying clothes; folding & putting laundry away)
Here's how it works:
You teach your child the skill called for, such as making his bed, practicing it with him until he has it mastered. (Note that we don't tell you how to make his bed: we want him to make his bed the way you do, not the way we do!)
Your child is asked to practice the skill 7 days in a roy (check-off spaces are provided).
Each section contains a simple corresponding Bible study. You may work on this after the section is complete or at any time during that section. Often, as with the section about pets, the Bible study explains why we must do the particular chores we are practicing.
At the end of each section there is a review in which your child quotes all verses memorized to that point in the course, and has an opportunity to practice again all of the skills learned in the currect section and many of the skills learned in previous sections. (In other words, he'll be reinforcing his bed-making skills throughout the book.)« less