This is the must have book for students preparing to enter college -- and for their parents. The entire application process is explained, as are tips and hints for taking admittance exams, writing essays, taking admittance interviews, and much more.
The book is broken down into eight separate sections:
1) And the finalists are: The brightest, the committed, and the honest.
2) You're moving out, but where are you going?
3) Oh, the tests you will take.
4) Apply, you will. Meet deadlines, you must!
5) Mastering the common application.
6) Your profile of courage: How to get the best recommendations.
7) Essay writing 101: Telling it your way.
8) How to impress, express, and dress at college interviews.
Each and every step of the application process is covered. You'll learn the correct terms and phrases for those you will meet, how to write the perfect essay on your application, and even how to dress and conduct yourself during an admittance interview. The book also includes checklists, worksheets, and guides to make the process a little easier.
The appendix includes even more list and guides you can tear out or copy. The glossary includes terms and definitions you'll need to know. There is also a section listing preparatory books for college tests, which you'll want to pick up. The easy-to-use index breaks down everything included in the book for quick access. This is the ultimate how-to guide for graduating high school students and their parents, who will want to pick up a copy before starting the college application process.